Subject Author Posted Replies

Any ideas for putting a washing machine motor to good use?
Having recently scrapped my 30-year-old Zanussi washing machine, I stripped it for potentially re-usable parts. The part with the greatest potential is the motor, but I've no idea what to use it for!...
41
41

"Yellowing" brilliant white gloss - any solution?
In common with many others, I've recently experienced severe yellowing of white gloss paintwork, within weeks of application. All due to the reduction of VOCs in 2010 legislation. I have some more...
9
9

Short exposure?
Thought some of you may appreciate this one: http://www.ted.com Ramesh Raskar presents femto-photography, a new type of imaging so fast it visualizes the world one trillion frames per second, so...
3
3

wiki: Neon
Input welcome NT ==Neon indicator lamp== [[image:Neon |right|200px]] These tiny lights are used as indicators. They've been replaced by LEDs in modern electronics, but are still useful for mains power...
47
47

RIP Neil Armstrong
112
112

Making a 3 legged garden table
I could esily build a 4 legged one but prefer the look of a 3 legged tripod type layout of the legs apart from that the previous owner has done a poor job of laying slabs so a 4 legged would never be...
10
10

Removing paint from obscured glass
Got an over-door glass pane which some idiot managed to get paint on many years ago - very messy edges but not actually a very thick layer. The glass has a fine bobbly pattern which makes physical...
11
11

where to get oil-based coloured eggshell paint
Where can I get oil-based eggshell paint, either in a range of colours, or colour mixed ? I need some creamy coloured paint to match the kitchen units and oil-based, to paint on the bottom of the cut...
3
3

screen background in XP
I have a .jpg picture (800 X 632 X 16M - 45kb) which I'd like to use as my screen background. Can it be done ? If so, how ?
24
24

Drilling through wood window frame
Hi, I was wondering the best way to drill 100mm through a wooden window frame for a coax aerial cable, Cant drill through the wall as its boarding with asbestos lining, I've got a 13mm drill bit thats...
8
8

BBC Top Gear Magazine UK – September 2012
BBC Top Gear Magazine UK =96 September 2012 world reknowned brand brings you a mixture of inaccesible supercars as well as reviews on the more sensible options and other motoring advice. BBC Top Gear...

This gutter needs cleaning
I cleaned it. the rain water run to the fall pipe:-)? The highest point seems to be where the guttering and the fall pipe meet. http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/bb/Gutter.JPGSo
39
39

Anyone feeling Google-generous for humidistats?
What I want for the bathroom is (see previous thread) not made by Manrose. Can't find the Xpelair version I had installed in a previous house about 20 years ago. I want to have a combined...
4
4

Basin & back nut wrench review
Maybe one for the Wiki, feel free to chip in. ------------------------------- Back nuts & tap connectors can be really difficult to remove due to age, corrosion & tight spaces. Several different tools...
9
9

Manrose electrical equipment
I'm trying to design the layout for bathroom fans and Manrose kit seems to come up a lot cheaper than brands such as Xpelair. Sometimes a quarter of the price, although I am finding it difficult to...
9
9