Subject Author Posted Replies

Boiler bits ...
How long have Charlie Hyde been in that business, then ? http://www.ezypart.co.uk/Arfa
4

OT: This tropical delusion may amuse you
7
7

Removing chiselling marks from slate floor
I've just had a load of riven slate laid (I wish I'd got the time to DIY because it would have been more satisfying and better, but I don't have the time any more!), and the tiler has laid a couple of...
3
3

Re: OT "Tatooine" found.
This two sun system was reported last week sometime. One problem of course is that nobody knows if the system is stable in the long term. I suspect not. Brian
2
2

I'm not seeing my replies
I have not seen any of my replies to recent posts. I wonder if this will appear? Mike
8
8

finish plaster
A bag of multi finish says it should do 10 sq metres at 2mm thickness. I normally calculate based on 3mm thickness, so 6 - 7 sq m. 150 sq ft is 14 sq metres, so 2 bags should do it. I'd buy 3. A
2
2

Insect detector?
I was going to say, that it sounds like you need some form of predator as we used to get for greenhouse infections of pests. Brian
11
11

Optimising Extractor Fans
Hello So, I managed to get my en-suite extractor fan installed and wired up - many thanks for the kind responses to my earlier queries which really did help. I have a fan with both a timer and a...
8
8

Tarmac Renovation
Hi, Is there anything that can darken tarmac again and won't peel off? Thanks, Ed.
12
12

Got a classic car?
How would that work then ? I once uprated an old FIAT 500 by fitting a 126 engine-gearbox combination. Gave you 650cc, and synchromesh, and unless you compared the engine number, was visually...
77
77

'Efficient' heating system left families with big bills
In article , Steve Firth wrote: [Snip] half a dozen "eco homes" were built in our village about 5 years ago. Thick walls, triple glazing, the lot. When it snowed heavily two winters ago, the solar...
37
37

Veneering
I've bought a couple of ex-broadcast speakers which although fine electrically are very tatty. They are made out of teak faced birch ply, and I'd like to get them looking as close to standard as...
9
9

Two speed switch for bathroom fan
Life is complicated :-) My plan is to have a bathroom fan with a humidistat, a run on timer, and an override switch. I can source the parts to do this. However when looking at fans I can see that the...
18
18

Concrete Stained Phoenix
Custom Backyard Creations bring you an array of products and services that will turn your backyard into your dreamland.We specialize in redecorating backyard living areas.
7
7

OT How to install a Google search on an individual site
I keep seeing sites that have a Google search box just for that individual site. I've tried searching Google to see how to do it, and even copied code from other sites, without success. It seems that...
6
6