Subject Author Posted Replies

Woodweave blinds repair
I have some woodweave blinds on the ceiling of my conservatory which are now falling apart. I plan to sell my house soon so I don't want to go to the expense of buying new blinds. The blinds are held...
1
1

Magnetic catch to hold window open against outside wall
Our new French Windows are going in to the bedroom today. They are designed to open back on themselves so that the fit flush with the outside wall, so in the summer we have a nice wide opening with...
10
10

OT:commercial rents in malls ?
Following on from the Jessops thread, and noting how many empty units there are in our local shopping mall, I was wondering how the owner of such ventures operate, and how business rates are managed....
6
6

subsidised loft insulation report
Just had loft insulated for 99 pounds. It was worth it, just ! The loft had been boarded between the binders (about half the loft area), t= hen just ceiling joists to the end walls. So, they fitted...
14
14

Pointing
Hi Probably a noddy question this but anyhow... What is the best way to fill small holes in pointing (caused mainly by for = sale signs I suspect) ? Ta! Se=E1n
22
22

How big are tin mine buildings
Hi All, Whenever Cornish tin mines are mentioned on the box or wherever, you always see a pickure that looks like a roodless house with a tall chimney. Are there/were there lots of these scatterered...
21
21

LED Downlights
Any views / recommendations on Downlight fittings with LEDs - 7 to 9 watts? (not replacement bulbs - but bespoke fittings)
1
1

Wiki: One tube under cupboard lighting
Feedback welcome NT One tube under cupboard lighting This article compares the use of one single long fluorescent tube for kitch= en under cupboard lighting with the more common use of several small...
34
34

cracked inner window pane
late at night heard a loud thud on bedroom window and the inside pane of glass cracked. Got up to investigate found a semi stunned owl outside! The windows are old (its a rented property) and there is...
13
13

OT Good News
Fracking to proceed in Southern England. the NIMBYs a pause for thought from wind turbines. I hope they find coal there and bury nuclear waste too....
25
25

Woodburner Gurus
2nd Year of running the woodburner. Didn't think it was drawing very well the last few days, wasn't sure if it was because of the cold, still, weather or something else. So removed the baffle to look...
24
24

Posting a 1.250 KG Family Tree Album Parcel to Australia
Hi all, I have been collecting wedding photos from everyone in our family I could as part of my family tree research. At least with weddings a date can be found, unlike "Auntie's" tin of good old...
17
17

Calor Gas Regulator freezing up.
I bought a Calor Gas Greenhouse heater last mention of the regulator in the is outside as I believe the regs state. Didnt have much trouble with it then but this year I found that when I needed the...
7
7

Dri master condensation unit?
I know I am always banging on about the condensation issue I have. I have tried many things but I came across this "Drimaster" thing by accident . Can someone explain in simpletons terms a) what it is...
48
48

Hi-fi shelf
If you get an IKEA chopping board: and turn it upside-down and back-to-front, it makes a very nice wall shelf for hi-fi equipment. The lip makes it look very smart from the front (the little food-safe...
24
24