I fancied a garden chair

I fancied having a bash at an Adirondack style chair, but figured it might be worth making a prototype before doing too many just in case it was not as comfortable as I had hoped.

Anyway, I found some rough plans on the web, and tweaked them a bit, then dug out all the spare bits of timber I could find laying about the workshop, and hacked together this:

Now I have worked out what changes are needed to make it better, I might make myself a small production run (I have made templates so cutting out more is quick and easy).

Let me know if there is any interest for a set of plans on the wiki and I might draw up a set.

Reply to
John Rumm

Could do with a bit of lumber support?

Reply to
orion.osiris

The entire thing is a support made out of lumber! :-)

Reply to
Bob Eager

It might be a bit tricky in that style of chair due to the curved back. Also the fact that you recline on it and the back kind of wraps around you means it does not seem necessary.

Reply to
John Rumm

I've always fancied making a couple of those.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Arfa Daily used his keyboard to write :

Harry Bloomfield

Ditto. In fact I've had the plans on my desk for three (no: four) years!

John R: I will send 'em to you, if you'd like to see them. I have a couple of variations.

J.

Reply to
Another John

Sure, the more the merrier ;-)

What we need now is some sort simulation technology so we can sit in them all and find the best!

Reply to
John Rumm