Subject Author Posted Replies

4 foot fluresants
I have 2., 30 year old fluresant lamps in the kitchen. Now one of the connectors has fallen appart. ( the tubes are new) I have spent a while looking on line but am unable to find the connector as a...
11
11

Cleaning Toilet pedestal of metal marks
We have just bought new bog-brush - one in a metal cylindrical holder, with the top of the metal cylinder fixed to the brush handle. In brushing the bog the metal has either scratched (which I doubt)...
8
8

How often to sweep a chimney?
Mum's got an open fireplace, 1930-1950 semi-detached property. From what I can make out she last had it done about 5 years ago but I don't think she's had more than 3 or 4 "one-off" fires a year since...
9
9

Insulation difficult
There's a small space near the cooker thats peculiarly inaccessible. The on= ly way to get anywhere near the ceiling there is to lie on one's back, any = other position is simply not doable due to the...
20
20

switch for 3-way light
whats the name of the special switch for a 3-way light for a corridor, (all my light switches have 2 terminals at one end but one at the other.) 2 Way Switching - DIYWiki
10
10

Pan newsreader again
I've looked back at a request to make Pan sort articles similar to OE/ Windows Mail i.e. watched contributions at the top then the rest in date order as when you sort by date. Normal Pan behaviour is...
11
11

Wireless Doorbells (Rant)
Inevitably batteries in the door push fail in the cold weather. Inevitably the plastic has become brittle due to the sun in the summer and the cold of the winter. Inevitably there is nothing as simple...
15
15

Changing to fully pumped CH & DHW
At the moment I have pumped CH and what was gravity DHW but when the replac= ement boiler (Ideal Mexico Super 2) was fitted it made the DHW inefficient = due to the distance from the tank and the run...
1
1

Would I be mad to use 10mm plastic pipes for radiators?
Hi all, For various reasons, I want to replace the downstairs radiators on my 1970ish Y plan heating system, along with their plumbing. There are currently four large radiators downstairs. I'll be...
15
15

OT: Radio Auction
If there is any interest, TW Gaze of Diss, Norfolk are holding an auction of Radio and Gramophone items on Friday. Remote bidding is possible, after registration....
7
7

Steam Cleaners
Are they any use ? SWMBO has my ear bent about getting one and can't decide (a) are they worth the spondulux and/or (b) which type to get. She sees herself using one to clean floors and windows (She...
29
29

Bath/Shower mixer problem
I have a bath / shower mixer tap - the type with a pull up diverter between the taps, the diverter stays in whichever position you select (i.e. does not need water pressure to keep it up). The system...
7
7

Bleeding air from radiators.
I have been getting some noise apparently from my central heating system and tried to bleed air, if any, from the radiators. These are probably quite old but have not been a cause for concern during...
18
18

Remove fingerprints from Stainless Steel Cooker Hood
Chimney type and just installed. Followed suggestion to use Windolene. This helped a little but also seems to have widened the marks. Surely they can't be this easy to stain? Ideas?
27
27

Shelf Support Pegs - can't find
Hello uk.d-i-y I can't find a shop that sells these. They are are shelf support pegs commonly used in kitchen cupboards. Looking for a store real or virtual that sells them. Cheers Jon
7
7