Subject Author Posted Replies

Part P
I am going to have a kitchen extension which will require some electrical work. The Building Inspector will want a Part P Certificate on completion. Will the electician who does the work on the...
19
19

We will lose 10% of our volts by April
According to the Today program this morning, some coal stations are to be shut by April. They had the Ofgen regulator chap on too, saying these were being shut down early (no reason given that I could...
88
88

Extractor fans
My Manrose SF120T (125 mm in-line fan) sounds, from intermittent bearing noise, as if it is about to fail. Although the two I have had so far have given reasonable life for an inexpensive item, I...
17
17

Funnels
I'm looking for a replacement funnel to fill hot water bottles safely when you cannot see and most kettles have wide spouts these days. The current one is plastic and going brittle on its bottom. It...
18
18

Rod Speed
Is it really worth replying to every little stupid point he makes, reply to every idiotic answer he makes, engaging him in any way shape or form? The sheer volume of replies he makes to the most...
9
9

dreamweaver for free ?
Has anyone downloaded this for free due to mislaying their licence After installation i have .... photoshop imageready adobe bridge but idont seem to be able to get dreamweaver tried 3 times , no luck...
6
6

Underground GU10 bulbholders
Our back garden has half a dozen recessed IP67 uplighters, using everybody's favourite GU10-style bulbs. LED-only, in large letters all over the innards. There's a bit of condensation (not very much...

mains cable jointing to each household
Having seen the thread about street rewiring, I wondered how the joints are done from the main supply cable going down the street, to the individual houses. I am thinking they would to it without...
23
23

Emergency lighting for windowless garage
Now that I have turned my attention to the garage lighting, its struck me that as I have no windows, I always have the lights on when sawing up pallets with my reciprocating saw. The potential for an...
15
15

Gas boiler 'hunting'.
Visited an elderly friend this afternoon. Heard the boiler striking up more than a few times, it is located just outside the kitchen. It seems that it fires up for maybe 60 secs and then goes off. A...
6
6

oval roof bar end caps - rubber/plastic
oval roof bar end caps - rubber/plastic anyone know of a source (besides someone else's roof bars) Cheers Jim K
13
13

What is your favourite microporous paint?
What is your favourite microporous paint? I'm about to start on some exterior joinery (a framed-legged-braced gate and some frames for double-glazed units) and I'm trying to decide on a microporous...
14
14

BellingG755 cooker
After moving this cooker I found a loose piece of metal with two holes in it, inside the cooker. In the measly manual there is a picture of the item but only the holes are labelled "control holes". I...
2
2

poggenpohl drawer broken fitting
The aluminum fitting that joins the drawer front to the body of the drawer has broken and I want to replace the fitting I have a spare drawer but I cant see how to release the fitting from the drawer...
1
1

derating ring main cable when buried in concrete?
Please can someone advise me: Does a ring main cable need to be derated if it is buried in 20mm of cement-based grout? The problem: I have a problem with a floor that is floorboard on battens (w ith...
14
14