Subject Author Posted Replies

Anyone help with laser printer and refilling toner
I just acquired this printer from a friend as I was hacked off with the cost of ink jet carts. I knew it was low on toner but it was working fine, anyhow I bought toner and refilled it expecting I may...
14
14

Tile to carpet "Z-Bars", maximum height.
Can't seem to see any specification on the maximum height of these things. I have measured from the floor the carpet and underlay is going onto, to the face of the tile it's ajoining, and one room is...
1
1

Plumbing
How do I fit a honeywell replacement power head it's a 3 position diverted.
3
3

Cable thief burned
Great stuff. I suspect he might be stupid enough to do that again. He suffered severe third degree burns to his face, hands and body, with red scars visible around his eyes when he appeared in court
54
54

Nuclear NIMBYs?
So the prospect of nuclear power looksmore remote than ever. A decision to reject plans to search for a site for a nuclear waste store is upheld by Cumbria County Council.
15
15

Need source for sisal cord used on antique low stool
I have an old low stool I want to repair as it will no longer withstand the weight of the grand-children. It has a 50x28cm woven cord seat with a lovely patina, but the joints are all loose and to...
10
10

[?] Motorising blinds in curved bay window.
Morning all! I'd like to be able to motorise two small cord-operated roller blinds, and one larger one, that go around a bay window so that I can use an electronic timer to control opening and closing...
4
4

Roof tiles and new roof?
House was built in 1928 and have noticed that the condition of the tiles on the south facing side of the ridge have deteriorated and are more brittle that on the north facing. There is no sagging of...
9
9

what are these 'frame hinges' called?
... and where might I get hold of some of them (cheap, if possible)? I think they are used as some sort of shipping frames. Thanks Jon N http://www.nicorp.co.uk/download/dscf2869.jpg...
4
4

Dimmers and fluorescents
We have some dimmers and are running out of incandescent bulbs. I know that some dimmers claim to be safe with 'energy saving' bulbs, but don't trust that not to mean just halogen. If any do work with...
4
4

DVD's damaging DVD player
I've had a request from a friend to re-record some technical DVD's for him. His DVD recorder (I haven't found out what sort yet) failed and he put it in for repair. He was charged £120 and told not...
10
10

simple security device for window
Someone with a basement flat with old wooden frame vertical sliding sash windows wants some simple to fit security device to enable the window to be left open safely a couple of inches whilst no one...
20
20

OT:Big up for Garmin
had a problem ("Cannot authenticate maps") after a map update earlier today. Emailed customer support, and had a fix in 13 minutes. That's right. 13 minutes. (Fix was to apply a couple of files to the...
8
8

Axminster Power Tools Belly Up ?
According to Radio 4 they have gone into administration
13
13

Replacing bath side panel
I wonder if anyone can help me locate a suitable replacement for my bath side panel please? The present one must have come with the house, 20 years ago. It's made from a thin, springy plastic and is...
13
13