Radiator valve

Any idea where I can get these:

The valve is branded Altech. It's more the elbow bit that connects the valve to the 10mm plastic pipe that I'm after.

Reply to
RJH

10 x 15 mm elbow plus a stub of copper pipe
Reply to
Bob Minchin

In article , RJH writes

The vertical on that will likely be plain 15mm tube held by the compression joint in the rad valve, with 10mm pushfit on the other end. Technically a 15mm to 10mm chrome street elbow.

Chrome elbow 10mm pushfit gets:

If like me you prefer not to use ebay then this looks the same:

Technically described as 10mm but the relative sizes in the pic suggest a 15mm tail with 10mm pushfit (check before you buy) or try a further search based on those terms.

Reply to
fred

It looks like a "normal" TRV with 15mm compression fitting on the bottom, into which is currently connected a 15mm "street" (i.e. male pipe fitting rather than the normal female) elbow with a 10mm push fit connector on the other end.

You want another one, or simply to reuse the existing one (which you probably can if you undo the bottom nut on the TRV)

Reply to
John Rumm

Yep - it's the push fit bit I'm after. Thanks other 2 posters, but that's the main thing.

I'd like a new one.

Reply to
RJH

Andy Burns

I bought some about 6 months ago from Screwfix but can't for the life of me find them listed there or I would send a link. They (and Tollstation) both list the straight ones, but I can only see the right angle ones indicated as supplied with a valve.

A good plumbers merchant should have them, I'm sure.

Reply to
GMM

Had another look - there you go:

GMM

Didn't notice it was 10mm

Andy Burns

John Rumm

Well, others have given you several links - *some* of which may be what you want.

I can't quite tell from the photo whether the compression fitting on the radiator valve itself is 10mm or 15mm. Which is it?

If it's 10, you need an elbow with a 10mm tube one end and a 10mm pushfit the other end.

If it's 15, you need an elbow with a 15mm tube one end and a 10mm pushfit the other end.

What you *don't* want is 15mm both ends if the supply pipes are 10mm.

Reply to
Roger Mills

I think they are - the 15mm 'plain' to 10mm push fit. I've never tackled plumbing before, so this is all new to me.

15mm

Yes, thanks. And thanks all for the links.

Reply to
RJH