Well part question - Check Valve?

The water line that comes from my deep well enters the house and connects to a copper part(s). I think it is a check valve. The check valve attaches to the black plastic water line with a cone shaped connector and a hose clamp. The parts are so corroded that I can't tell if it is one part or two. Can someone tell me the names of these parts?

I believe this is the check-valve.

I will attempt to attach a picture.

Thanks,

nprlisner

Reply to
nprlisner

Link to picture of corroded part.

nprlisner

Yep. Check valve with tappings for the pressure switch/snifter.

Your old one may or may not actually have the check valve inside since the submersible pump likely has a foot valve.

Is it the pipe plug on the right that is causing the discoloration due to leakage?

The brass valve body wouldn't be corroding. If so, I would rather replace the plug than disturb all that piping.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

check-valve.http://www.plumbingsupply.com/images/well-tapped-footvalve.jpg>

don't fear a good plumber, his work will outlast your shortcuts on that corrosion.

Reply to
buffalobill

Hi Jim, Yes, I think the check-valve is "check-valveless". My well is 240 feet deep and am sure it has a foot valve. I think the leak is coming from the top plug. You make a good point not to disturb the plumbing. I will clean the check-valve and replace the plug first. I have to replace the pressure switch every other year because the switch gets clogged with rust, not cleanable.

Do you know if this check-valve is one part or is there a separate connector which attaches to the line? It looks like one part but it is hard to tell.

thanks for your advice,

--Ken

Reply to
nprlisner

I believe that one is a single piece with the check buried inside (if there is one).

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Most are 1 peice and if you have a good footvalve then you can run without it but if the foot goe's youi have a promblem as the water might and could drain

Reply to
jim