Subject Author Posted Replies

decent quality set of small 'jewellers' screwdrivers sought
Hi all I'm after a set of small screwdrivers, similar to wot used to be called 'Jewellers screwdrivers', for laptop dismantling & similar. I've had sets like this in the past: but they always seem to...
36
36

Track lighting systems
Don't judge me. I've been rather taken by the Ikea track lighting system. Only problem is, the Ikea system only seems to let you connect power at one end of the track - not much use when the lighting...
4
4

Dishwasher maintenance
Your dishwasher failed the other day. It made a big noise, came to a full stop and its fuse was blown. There also came some smell of fire from it. Without any more inspection I made the quick decision...
2
2

Storage rad PCB
Hi All, We have had a couple of storage rads in here since I installed them yonks ago and they actually do a pretty good job. A while ago both started 'clonking' as the power relay dropped in and out...
5
5

Connecting condensate pipe
So, the plumber forgot to connect the white plastic condensate pipe to the sink trap. The pipe looks about 22mm or so, judging by eye. The sort that you normally connect up with solvent fittings. The...
4
4

TOT: April
Bill https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/April.jpg
5
5

Ping Andy Wade 4mm T&E CCC
I thought it was a general rule that the CCC of T&E when surrounded by insulation was simply half of the CCC when the cable was clipped direct. Any ideas why this does not apply to 4mm T&E in table...
3
3

Cholesterol levels
I had similar symptoms, however it isn't depression and it doesn't make you want to commit suicide. The effects go away in a few days once you stop tking it as long as you avoid grapefruit. So it made...
87
87

OT a bit. Planning question
Before I contact the council tomorrow, does anyone know what planning category would apply to a recording studio/ rehearsal room converted from an existing light industrial workshop? Would I need a...
5
5

Where can I get one?
When I was a lad we used knicker elastic to make them. At least other people's kids did. We could nerver afford the elastic. Like bees buzzing around a hive, three unmanned aircraft were sent by NASA...
5
5

"Repairing" a Lidl Radio Controlled Alarm Clock - long
Daughter purchase a radio controlled alarm clock from Lidl a couple of weeks back but although the clock and alarm function well, the advertised motion sensing alarm cancelling did not work. She...
8
8

Definitive toilet bowl limescale thread
Which is shit.
57
57

Putting up shelves?
Hi guys, new here and not very DIY minded... :( I put up some shelves a while back using these to hold the supports to the plasterboard wall... 'B&Q Metal Self Drive Plugs With Pan Head Screws Pan...
9
9

Works on a Party Wall
Hi, I live in a terrace house. The end terrace (next door) has been completely demolished for quite some time and the party wall on the neighbours side has only a scratch coat of plaster. With the...
6
6

Redux: Just how much power can a fan oven consume?
Folks, Readers with a good memory may remember my posting at the end of February, asking how a fan oven could consume 3kW in fifteen minutes. After eliminating the usual suspects, the only remaining...
12
12