Subject Author Posted Replies

Joining PVC pipe
For reasons that may not be the best, I want to join some 36mm OD PVC drainage pipe to some 38.5mm ID pipe. I'm wondering how I should do this. Various adhesives come to mind, but maybe they do not...
21
21

The Scout Hut - emergency light update
It turns out that the lead flashing has not yet been replaced. I know this as it is pissing it down and I have just called in to replace the emergency light. Water was dripping through the ceiling. A...
4
4

OT - Laser Printers, Labels, and GSM
OT only in so far as this is a work related question. Here at work we have recently bought some phenomenally expensive Desktop A3 Mono Lasers (HP 5200). These steadfastly refuse to feed our normal...
4
4

OT-ish B&Q automated checkout
I daren't go into B&Q if I am feeling at all out of sorts. I know I will end up in trouble. They don't person the row of tills any more, just have one attendant on the four station automated checkout....
192
192

large concrete flower tubs
Looking for a manufacturer of mega-size heavy concrete tubs, around 5' x 2' x 2' deep with drain and fixing holes. Our current supplier in Essex has stopped doing them. thanks rusty
10
10

counter-balance hinged doors thumping the ceiling
I've just fitted cupboards in our kitchen with counter-balance hinges (along the top edge of the doors). However, even with them adjusted to their least springy extreme the hinges are too strong for...
7
7

200 lumens per watt LED?
'Most energy-efficient' LED light revealed by Philips Of course, they simply have to drop one in the story: "In the US, for example, such lighting consumes around 200 terawatts of electricity...
29
29

Screwfix now shipping to 23 European countries
http://www.diyweek.net/news/news.asp?id=16515

tidying up mains cables to HiFi
I have 3 mains cable for my HiFi separates stack system.I want to plug them into a single wall socket. I know I could use a short multi-socket extensi on lead but it would be a bit difficult to hide...
25
25

Alltronik/Henderson garage door remote control
Garage in house we're moving to has a Henderson 800 deluxe mark II remote control door opener. It is operated by an Alltronik 27MHz handset. This is a grey box with a big red operator button and a...
3
3

the plight of DIYBanter users
While I appreciate that the aforementioned content scraping, ad selling web interface may not be in many folks lists of top ten of favourite web destinations, do we really have to be quite so hostile...
33
33

Where is cable sheath required?
Can the wall count as the back of the enclosure when wiring a light? I have a bulkhead fitting whose instructions show the three unsheathed insulated conductors entering a grommet at the back of the...
11
11

kitchen cupboard bracket/rail
Hi, I remember an old thread about mounting cupboards on kitchen walls and people talked about different brackets they had used; some that they had welded themselves. Someone posted a link to a...
11
11

Are all rad bleed screws the same?
Previous occupant has used pliers/mole grips etc to bleed rads. All are well rounded and a key will not work. All rads are pressed steel. Some have the bleed screw within a (1/2" square) screwed in...
5
5

Al-ko spare wheel holder
Having dutifully renewed all three caravan tyres on grounds of age (It was a shame to see so much unused rubber, but it just isn't worth the risk) I had to get the spare wheel holder back in place. I...
18
18