Subject Author Posted Replies

Hinges and strut on door
A door is to be constructed thus (fixed width font needed): +-----+ | | h | | i | | n | | g | | e +-----+ s or thus: +-----+ h | | i | | n | | g | | e | | s +-----+ Which is right? (And why does it...
17

pistol right-of-way street rule in russia
pistol right-of-way street rule in russia

Elfensafety?
Can you pasa bolt through the button to produce a protruberance in teh right place? Or make new buttons by carving bits of a hard wood?
21
21

Excellent Nut& Bolts supplier
You didn't actually give a URL...just an email address. And I couldn't find small items on the obvious website. Do you have more information? And can you buy these things over the counter? (I have a...
6
6

Cuprionol fence paint on concrete?
Its semi transparent and probably would not make it look a lot different I'd say. Brian
35
35

Sandbags to help dampen floorboard vibration?
I'm not happy with the apparent volume just shutting a door appears to be creating here, and would be mighty suspicious of the materials used in construction at the boundary wall. Either that or the...
11
11

IP66 outdoor switched 13 amp sockets - recommendations?
I've got the single gang version of that, and it's fine. Much easier to open and close than the MK equivalent - which is very fiddly.
10
10

Earth conductor size for TT
Great. It is certainly less conspicuous than the plastic inspection pit 'Plastic Inspection Earth Pit | ' ( The garage floor has either concrete or stone, I'll see if this smaller terminal cover that...
21
21

Proposal to change name of this group
Aye
8
8

Completely random question
Are 12V SELV lighting toroidal transformers DC (ie do they incorporate a bridge rectifier)? Just wondered (for miles in the future) if they would be suitable for a 12V pond pump in principal.
19
19

Looking for a rather oddball shower curtain rail, or summat similar.
Theatrical curtain track used for perimeter blackout drapes in school halls etc could be suspended from the pitched ceiling with threaded studding or even chains. magnets sewn into the side hems will...
10
10

Pushing their luck?
Burger King trades as Hungry Jack's in Australia: "When Burger King moved to expand its operations into Australia, it found that its business name was already trademarked by a takeaway food shop in...
27
27

Very low power heater: how many Watts?
Hi guys, I've got this 3hp inverter unit bolted to the wall of my garage. It's about the size of a rugby ball and contains a fair amount of electronics that do esn't get on well with condensation -...
15
15

Mains CO2 and fire alarms - link?
I like that :-) :-)
14
14

phones for those with poor sight
Are there any telephones with a really big, black on white, caller display ? Preferably with the other things like call blocking, caller display, amplified sound, etc ? Has any manufacturer got round...
9
9