Subject Author Posted Replies

Carpet underlay, what thickness?
I am about to get dragged around the shops to help choose some carpets :-( I am looking to buy the gripper and the underlay on ebay if its cheaper. Is it a case of the thicker the underlay the better...
14
14

OT - Alexandra Bastedo dead at 67
Growing up in the 60s and 70s I was fascinated by every sci-fi and fantasy program on the telly back then. Star Trek, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, The Time Tunnel, Kung Fu and also her program The...
38
38

Our local turbine
Bill https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/turbine.jpg
8
8

measuring horizon elevation at various bearings
What would people recommend as a cheap but good, preferably non-electrical tool for measuring horizon elevation at given bearings (magnetic adjustments to be done afterwards)? I need to map out...
7
7

waterproofing
Hi, I have a large shed that is around 2 years old and over the last few months the roof on this inside has developed mould and damp, can anyone please advise me on how to treat this before it rots or...
3
3

celotex adhesive
A previous owner built a single storey extension with a pitched roof on the North facing side of our house. I now want to stick some celotex sheets t o what was the external wall of the house, inside...
5
5

OT - anyone near Ellon in Aberdeenshire?
Must be someone in here in my general area who might fancy a pint or a chat sometime.
3
3

Electric showers
Hi, Am having a shower room built in an outbuilding not connected to the main central heating system. Hence want an electric shower. The electrical supply will be upgraded so that I am able to install...
52
52

OT; Supadrug online shopping
I'm a big fan of Original Source shower gel. Not always much choice in store & sells for anything up to £2:25 a bottle. Supadrug do online shopping & like Toolsatan, free delivery on orders over...
28
28

Wilkinson's paint
Just painted our 'compact & bijou' kitchen with Wilkinson Kitchen paint (brilliant white). Excellent stuff! Easy to apply, excellent coverage & cheap as chips (£13:75 for 2.5l) Ceiling in particular...
2
2

That engagment ring seems to work:-)
This weekend she has washed all my clothes ready for London, packed my bags for me and let me have a shag whenever I want (although that last bit is no different to any other weekend).
18
18

Bath overflow overflowing
An elderly friend of my dad as said there is water running out of her bath's overflow into the bath tub. Anyone know what could be causing this? I can only think something is blocked. She has called a...
6
6

WC too hard for mother in law to operate after new syphon
This is old style slimline plastic cistern that replaced a high level unit in the 60s or 70s. It has a plunger on the top rather than a lever on the side or a button. the cistern packed up so I bought...
16
16

Radio advert blocker
Hi all, I've found the previously rather good BBC R4 and UK radio in general to be pretty much intolerable nowadays, not being into minority and wimmins' issues etc., so have switched to internet...
37
37

getting a dehumidifier repaired?
I have a stand-alone compressor-type dehumidifier that runs and sounds normal but doesn't extract humidity (no condensate is produced). Is it possible to get them repaired, and if so by whom - a...
12
12