Subject Author Posted Replies

unfamiliar network cable
I need to reterminate a new network cable, but its not one I'm familiar wit h. It has 8P8C connectors, but they're metal lined. The cable is 7mm OD, ea ch twisted pair is foil screened and kept...
8
8

Electrical problem with jointer. Nicked from another group
Made me giggle. It's my birthday, so I'm allowed. Are you using Australian electricity? I'll do my best to simplify the answer. I think its time for me to explain about 240 current and why it is so...
6
6

OT Weather this weekend.
TNP been doing a rain dance? Anything to get rid of PVpanels. THE worst HAILSTORMS since 1843 will smash into Britain THIS weekend, shocked experts have warned.
6
6

OT. Outlook for Euro(land)
Europe’s broken single-currency system will consign weaker economies to years of corrosively high unemployment
1
1

air in boiler primary cct
I have a Baxi Barcelona boiler on primary loop to a Thermal Store. In this configuration .. the store water contents are circulated around the boiler (rather than just a transfer coil) Primary loop...
19
19

OT: a view from Brussels
Not that we needed it, but it's nice to have it confirmed: http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danielhannan/100274672/which-faceless-eurocrat-did-you-vote-for/
1
1

Modifying a chimney breast structure
Hi all, I've tried googling but I obviously haven't found the right keywords yet :- ) I want to increase the size of the "builder's opening" in my chimney breast by removing a half-brick column from...
2
2

Supermarket Plastic bags
The government wants to introduce a charge for plastic bags. I have never seen the point of this, it is not as if I see lots of empty bags lying about or on beaches. The bags we collect get used at...
84
84

Stannah stair lifts
Preparing my father's former house for sale and we have 2 Stannah stair lifts to get rid of. Stannah will generously remove them for just over £300(!). So, I need to remove them myself. The rail is...
13
13

IP ratings...a legal requirement?
Have been looking at bathroom cabinets with lights online. Found one I liked the look of. In the specs there was no mention of IP rating so I asked via the 'Ask Us a Question' what it was. Just got a...
15
15

Sawboard?
I may be being thick but I can't see the difference between a sawboard and just clamping a plank to what i need to cut. Feel free to enlighten me.
30
30

OT: Diesel particulate filters
I bought a car the other week with a 2.0TDI, i'd read the horror stories about modern diesels but felt that our mix of driving would suit it, fair enough it's normally short journeys during the day...
18
18

Anyone good with flymos?
Old one with Tecumseh MV100s engine. On last (heavy) use it started running a bit slow and lumpy. Checked air filter, removed vast amounts of debris from fan, fins, etc, drained float chamber with the...
5
5

Roundup/Glyphosphate
I've been using Roundup on the drive and garden but it's pretty expensive at ~£18.99 for 5 litres. Is there a cheaper source for 'glyphosphate', sold as such, rather than the branded version?
75
75

Lidl generator
Be ware lidl have a 2.6kw generator on the mad aisle for silly money ! Not really that much use, but cool thing to have ?
6
6