Protecting inside of new coal hod

Last coal hod lasted barely 2 years before corrosion holes started to appear. Just got a new one, painted metal.

So I'd like ideas for protecting the inside of this one please.

(Yes I know, could have bought galvanised iron and painted the outside)

Reply to
AnthonyL

Just remembered I've got some spare roof felt adhesive - would this work or just stay sticky?

Reply to
AnthonyL

car underseal?

Reply to