Subject Author Posted Replies

Main eq bond
Woopee it's a clamp. It's now in the right place. But I am impressed I'm getting immeasurably small resistance readings everywhere, including right back to the bathroom basin taps (
9
9

Scam or? OT
An Indian call centre is currently badgering my wife to pay an outstanding account by card. The account relates to an empty flat with a sale in progress. The amount claimed does not correspond either...
20
20

lights in outbuildings....
A friend has acquired a few ramshackle sheds and erected them approx 10ft from his existing mains equipped outbuilding. Theres a modern rcd equipped cu in the outbuilding with 2 unused mcbs. What is...
26
26

B&D LR400 Lawnraker
I've just acquired one of these old beasties. Does anyone have a spare instruction manual or know where I can find one? Google has let me down so far.
2
2

cutting melemine covered chipboard
At least thats what I think you call that plasticy covering on kitchen units. Anyhow I want to cut some sheets with a circular saw, doesnt need to be perfect. To avoid chipping the melemine google...
23
23

rusty railings in Cadogan Square
Just cos you flat's worth 3 million quid doesn't mean anybody maintains anything TWO men have died and at least six others were left injured after a balcony collapsed under the weight of two removal...
94
94

underwhelming shower
i need to do something about our shower its heated by the multipoint boiler and is passable in summertime but come winter and it cant heat a reasonable flow of water i was thinking about electric but...
35
35

Jive Bunny
I used to fix aerials for Jive Bunny's dad. How about that? Bill
11
11

unclear clear satin varnish
I recently repainted a wooden panel in the bathroom that had (over some years) developed mildew stains under the hand-towel hook. We still want to keep the hand-towel in the same place, so as a...
8
8

kango 422 case
hi does anyone know where i can get a kango 422 case ? thanks phil
1
1

OT: recipe book for Panasonic SD-206 Breadmaker
The recent breadmaker thread led to me dragging-out the old Panasonic SD-206 from the cupboard, but I can't find the recipe book. Mr Google seems not to have a copy stashed anywhere so perhaps one of...
3
3

Air vent for stack pipe
Have had a 3" 82mm stack pipe fitted to a toilet (+ basin) that never had one before and had a recurrent problem with suction emptying the waste traps, worsened when a shower was fitted. This has 90%...
14
14

OT: China and nuclear.
"China currently has 19.1 GWe of installed nuclear generating capacity. According to the plan, this will reach 58 GWe of capacity by 2020, giving China the third largest nuclear generating capacity...
22
22

Ball bearings
Any recommendations for ball bearing suppliers? There seem to be loads of them. I need some 608 bearings to replace worn out ones in the fan motors of a couple of dehumidifiers. They're almost 15...
9
9

Diamond saw blades
I'm faced with cutting some quartz/ply-backed worktops ( 12mm + 26mm ) shortly, and a 150mm diamond circular saw blade is recommended. The manufacturers also suggest a diamond bladce for an angle...
3
3