This week's project...

(draft, and its late, so n doubt full of typos!)

Probably could have built something 10 times the size is the same time period.

Reply to
John Rumm

In message , John Rumm writes

Very nice.

How are you going to stop SWNFI giving it a rinse in hot soapy water?:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Nice job. I expect the ply base started out as a good colour match for the rest, and one doesn't expect a "clear" finish to change that. IME the colour difference is less with a 2 part lacquer, but not sure why. Certainly doesn't matter for this application though.

Reply to
stuart noble

Gravity and inertia ;-)

(it might get a "wipe out" from time to time, but it should cope with that!)

Reply to
John Rumm

The ply was a bit of (originally) quite light coloured material that I had reclaimed from the back of a very old cupboard. It was quite dark to start with (combination of age and possibly stain), so I sanded it about half way back to its original colour.

(I did have scrap of oak faced ply that would have been even better, but for two problems - it was about 5mm too narrow, and it was partly covered in paint and splashes of various glues and finishes as I have been using it as board to finish on)

Reply to
John Rumm