Fun and games in the workshop

Rather than go for a big furniture project this Christmas, I though I would try something a bit more dainty...
How I got on:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Chess_Board
(the usual wiki warnings apply - first draft, not read it yet, and probably full of typos!)
--
Cheers,

John.
John Rumm wrote:

I'm totally impressed.
Bill

+1
AND I've learned a new word: "spelch"!
--
David

On 02/01/2015 08:53, Lobster wrote:

+1 x 2
On 02/01/2015 01:01, John Rumm wrote:

Impressive handiwork. But in the top photo looks to me like the white king & queen are swapped - either that or he is wearing a dress!
--
Regards,
Martin Brown
On 02/01/2015 09:53, Martin Brown wrote:

I thought it would look better if I slapped the pieces on their for the photo... it was only later I wondered if I had set them out correctly! That kind of answers the question.
--
Cheers,

John.

:oO
Colour me impressed!
--
Today is Boomtime, the 2nd day of Chaos in the YOLD 3181
"The four most overrated things in life are champagne, lobster, anal sex

Me too!
Perhaps your next version could avoid the overhanging board edge and fold so that SWMBO can tuck it into a suitable bookshelf:-)
--
Tim Lamb

On 02/01/2015 11:26, Tim Lamb wrote:

I try to deliberately make the book shelves narrow enough that SWMBO can't add "clutter" in front of the books... that ought to work for chess boards as well (especially 19" square ones) ;-)
--
Cheers,

John.

You can try but she will always win:-)
--
Adam

A beautiful job John, I particularly like that you have left enough thickness in the deck to allow it to be re-surfaced when it wears :-)
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .