Adhesive question

I have a problem with our stainless steel sink counter-top. In one area th e top has become detached from the wooden base, and lifted slightly, affect ing the draining and causing water to pool. It doesn't take much force to push it down. I am thinking about drilling a couple of holes up through th e base from underneath and injecting some adhesive. What would be the righ t adhesive to use, i.e. what sticks to stainless steel?

Thanks Gib

Reply to
gib.bogle

the top has become detached from the wooden base, and lifted slightly, affe cting the draining and causing water to pool. It doesn't take much force t o push it down. I am thinking about drilling a couple of holes up through the base from underneath and injecting some adhesive. What would be the ri ght adhesive to use, i.e. what sticks to stainless steel?

Almost anything sticks to ss. epoxy is the most reliable.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Absolutely nothing if the cause of it lifting was water getting between the steel and the wood. Unless both items to be joined are clean and dry no common adhesive will work.

Reply to
Peter Parry