Subject Author Posted Replies

100W LED equivalent?
Anyone able to suggest a source for the LED equivalent of a 'traditional' 100W bayonet lamp at a sensible price? Googling so far has produced some fairly expensive offerings...
26
26

Fitting a register plate
We're installing a woodburner and since I have some steel sheet and angle iron kicking around, I thought I'd try and keep the cost down by installing the register plate myself. But while the back and...
4
4

Is new consumer unit necessary?
My son wants a wall heater with pull cord installing in his bathroom. The consumer unit is on the other side of the bathroom wall, with loft space above so it sounds very simple. Only sparkly that has...
21
21

Rats )-:
So... In 6-7 years of keeping a few chickens in the garden I've never had a rat problem (that I've known of) until now... And this summer gone we had some decking laid down and a new garden shed....
11
11

Weird.
Was at a pals' place yesterday and the TV was on - fed to an external amp and speakers. It was some form of chat show - and the panel had been panned across the screen. Only thing was left on the...
7
7

Sort of OT childrens story making
Does any one know of some free program that will let you insert your child's name through an existing book and print it yourself,(they call it personalising) I have seen some companies who do it for...
5
5

Fugenboy or Blue Peter?
Washing-up liquid bottles are back! http://www.siliconeassistant.co.uk/
1
1

No earth in lighting circuit?
No 1 daughter has bought a fancy metal chandelier for the dining room and asked me to fit it. Upon unscrewing the ceiling rose, there is no earth. Isn't one in the switch either, so I'm guessing the...
27
27

OT; Fragrance adverts....
If I see just one more bloody stupid perfume or aftershave advert on TV, I may have to kill someone....
49
49

Consumer unit regulations change
A heads-up that Amendment 3 to the wiring regs (due in January) will require home consumer units to be made of a non-combustable material (i.e. metal), or to be enclosed in a non-combustable...
124
124

storing paint in plastic garden container
Is it ok to store emulsion paint outdoors - in one of those plastic garden containers? If the paint freezes, is it useless afterwards? I guess oil based paints will be ok (?). I'm trying to free-up...
5
5

Bib and brace
Hello all, I want to buy someone some 'bib and brace' style overalls for Christmas. I was hoping to get a pair to be worn as over-trousers. Having looked at a fe w websites I am confused about sizing....
2
2

Well done that man
Liverpool's first "£1 home" has been fully refurbished by its new owners in time for Christmas.
6
6

OT Death Ray?
Sounds a bit fishy to me. The footage shows a test aircraft being taken out by the weapon
20
20

Any use for old gas cylinders?
A chum has recently taken over some premises. Tucked away in a corner are several empty gas cylinders. No markings or id on cylinders. Some oxy and some acetylene. He wants rid of them. Has been onto...
5
5