Do i have a faulty programmer

My programmer keeps clicking on and off really really quickly, however, I still have hot water and central heating. Does that sound like a faulty programmer or something different

Reply to
Matt

Faulty three port valve?

Reply to
alan_m

If it's *just* a programmer, it's definitely faulty - that should only switch on and off 2 or 3 times a day. If it's a programmable thermostat, it may be configured wrongly. You can normally specify the minimum on and off times. Which is it?

Reply to
Roger Mills

my programmer clicks on and off at the set times twice per day. But once on, it clicks away rapidly

Reply to
Matt

A make and model of programmer might help.

But best guess is that the programmer has a loose conection or is shagged.

Reply to
ARW

Had exactly that problem with a 20-year old Potterton EP3000. Replaced the main smoothing cap and it's as good as new (old cap was way low, guess too much ripple was making it continually reset).

Reply to
Ian

Do you wake up and go to sleep at odd random times? Are you hot when you'd expect to be cold, and cold when you'd expect to be hot?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

So the OP has nothing wrong with the CH and has the menopause?:-)

Reply to
ARW