Subject Author Posted Replies

OT; Groan
I pay my PLI monthly, about £10. Got the renewal with a form to sign for the credit agreement saying I could sign it online. Went online, entered the agreement number DXXXXXXCTO, got an error message...
39
39

Spanners
Like most on here I've got lots of spanners. Sticking with metric sizes, I've noticed that the majority of my spanner work is with 10mm and 13mm sizes which corresponds to M6/M8. So what are the other...
25
25

Flat roof
My daughter is considering putting in a bid for a house. It has been extended and the extension is deeper than the original ridged roof profile so a flat section has been means that the rain running...
16
16

ow to get my house walls insulated
Hi all, I want to get my house walls insulated. Half of the house has solid stone walls. The other half has cavity walls. I just want the cavities insulated. I was hoping to get a grant for this....
15
15

How to insulate my house walls insulated
Hi all, I want to get my house walls insulated. Half of it has solid stone walls. The other half has cavity walls. I was hoping to get a grant to get the walls insulated. However when a company came...

OT: Interest rate calculations ...
(Since there's such a spread of expertise here :) ) Does anyone know what the formula/procedure is to determine from the following: 1) Initial investment 2) Regular (monthly) deposit 3) Time interval...
10
10

Aldi DIY this Thursday
Plenty of DIY on offer at Aldi this Thursday including decorating tools and a 3HP compressor and tools: Shop for Baby, DIY, Kitchen, Cycling, Sports, Tvs, Home & Garden online.
18
18

OT Flight over New Zealand
Looks a bit fake to me, what does the team think? http://www.chonday.com/Videos/pilotnewzdalnd1
19
19

Stupidest plumber ever
http://petersphotos.com/temp/Twin%20gutter.jpg
9
9

Replacement Windows
My daughter is house-hunting and looked at one today that really needed new windowframes. What is a realistic ball-park cost per frame?
20
20

Interesting...
Who doesn’t want to add some flair when they drive? If you’re looking for the best sat navs or the latest on driverless cars, look no further.
56
56

OT Flight oever NewZealand
Impressive but, Suspect this has been faked up. What does the team think? http://www.chonday.com/Videos/pilotnewzdalnd1
8
8

OT: Trainer insoles
Well, maybe it is DIY? I need to change the insoles in my trainers. The manufacturers don't sell spares. Any recommendations for what to buy? I want heavily cushioned ones. I guess I just use the old...
5
5

OT: road building regs
Near me two new major road alterations are taking place, both involving the lead up of dual carriageways onto roundabouts. In both cases the orignal c arriageway gradients have been modified so that...
29
29

At last a book about power planers
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fifty-Shavings-Grey-M-D-Eff-ebook/dp/B00EF5X9L8/ref=sr_1_10