Subject Author Posted Replies

Do you English...
Do you english still install timber windows in the outside leaf ? .....
20
20

Estimating Extension Building Costs
I have been looking at a number of properties recently some of which could do with some extension to fully meet our needs. Is there a reasonably accur ate method of arriving at a price perhaps based...
6
6

Wonder what the quality is like?
23
23

OT; Education
Got an e-mail headed; 'work need done' The message was; 'hi david i ask how much will cost to plastic a bedroom as they only 3 walls need plastic as how much would it cost as you can get hold me on...
67
67

Radiator valves wrong way round?
Hi all, I'm putting in yet another radiator, but in this instance have been unable to ascertain which pipes emerging from a wall are which. Given the physical surroundings it's not possible to trace...
13
13

Water softeners
The plumber suggests that one should not drink water from an installed water softener, but that a direct-from-the-mains tap must be installed to suit the water by-laws. What's the danger here, when...
14
14

So, which angle grinder then?
Need a 4.5" corded one for occasional use (after the one I bought from Screwfix about 12 years ago for 2.50 GBP has finally conked out). I have to confess to being in love with Makita since buying a...
16
16

Letterbox Alert finished!
Here is the finished project: MM Letterbox Alert
21
21

Concrete post problem
OK, got a problem with one of my fence posts. As you can see from this pic, the concrete post is leaning to the left, producing a slight gap between the post and panel at the bottom and an even bigger...
16
16

TOT; Day out
SWMBO and I are off for a day out on Sunday. ?Captain Ridley's Shooting Party?. Can't say anymore, bit hush hush old chap. Looking forward to it!
10
10

OT Flying in the 1930s
Google Groups allows you to create and participate in online forums and email-based groups with a rich experience for community conversations.
1
1

For when a Pi is just too expensive...
Could have some interesting applications: (does not say much about its I/O alas) For full details and a gallery of images:...
17
17

OT Air travel in 1930s
Google Groups allows you to create and participate in online forums and email-based groups with a rich experience for community conversations.

If not Colin Furze, how about "Electroboom"?
Love his stuff. Might even have a go at some of it myself. Tim
2
2

#*?#@?!! health and bloody safety
Seen it all now... Just bought a couple of made to measure roller blinds on the internet and very nice they are too. Except for one thing. Heavy metal ball chain (no 10 gauge, aka 4.5mm balls) - good....
33
33