Loose ring on light pull-cord

I have two good quality pull-cords, these have clear plastic rings on the weight at the bottom to protect them knocking into anything. Over time these have become loose and keep coming off. Any ideas as to how either tighten them or where can I find replacements? the name of the manufacturer is long lost.

Reply to
Broadback

We have some kind of arty crafty beads on ours. Cool

Reply to
stuart noble

A slice of clear heat-shrink and shrink it on

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

or something from Ann Summers?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Clear silicone sealant? As long as the surfaces are clean it will stick, and it stays flexible so should withstand the knocks.

Reply to
Davidm

The rings are presumably stretchable and have stretched permanently. One wonders what size they are. Two possibilities :

(1) Replace with black "O-rings" as used in gas-tight demountable pipe joints; the material may (sometimes?) be Viton.

(2) Apply, with thread, string or cord of well-chosen thickness, a plain whipping or whippings all round each ring - see

dr.s.lartius

Generic O ring to replace the ones that have permanently stretched or have lost some of the their elasticity

A randomly selected Ebay seller

or

alan_m

there are over 20 pages of 'cord pull weights' on Amazon, many of which will probably be nicer than what the OP already has.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher