Anonymous thermostat

During a brief visit my daughter complained that the thermostat controlling the electric underfloor heating in their *garden shed* did not come with any setting instructions and that senior management was complaining about electricity bills:-)

I have looked on line at endless thermostat pictures without finding anything resembling her description. A photo is promised but the description includes... digital display and circular dial made up of 4 push buttons... No logo or any form of identification.

The *shed* is actually an insulated garden room used as a quiet workplace.

Any pointers?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Can she pull off the cover, or is this likely to result in its destruction? There may be some information behind this.

You could think about replacing the 'stat with a known one. Maybe £20-£25 (and set the internal setpoint high limit while you're do ing it).

Reply to
Davey

or

??

Reply to
John Rumm

I'm still waiting for the photo! Busy person, two young children and husband just back from Azerbaijan:-(

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message , Davey writes

Safety issues for the technically unaware:-)

I don't know the switched load. Fitted within the last 3 years so the data sheet must be out there somewhere.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I think we can guess what they're getting up to in the shed :-)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I think that is what worried the neighbours who opposed the plan: posh part of Islington:-)

Panic over. It has been identified as a *Warmup* system and the manual found on line. Description must have been a bit off!

Anyway, thanks all for your interest.

Reply to
Tim Lamb