Subject Author Posted Replies

The end of the world cometh - 4 boney dudes on horseback spotted by Daily Mail readers...
GCSE's getting harder causes Paul Dacre's head to explode. or "Slightly hard" GCSE Maths Question causes outrage... The actual question was: Hannah has 6 orange sweets and some yellow sweets. Overall,...
47
47

"Progress"
Just looked at an application SWMBO had to make for a concessionary bus pass. Bless her, she's done her best, but her writing has deteriorated quite a bit. "barely legible" is being kind. Looking over...
24
24

IOMEGA Zip disk
I have some files 'backed up' onto IMOMEGA 250MB disks Tried to access today and find my IOMEGA drive although recognised by PC and whirrs & clicks into life does not mechanically load disks .... Is...
16
16

USB power packs...
To recharge/run mobile devices 'in the field'... EBay offers 10000 mah capacity for 20 odd quid.. eg 'Floureon' does that seem OK? Some also have solar panels on... are the solar panels worth...
21
21

What are these "strange" screws?
The other day I removed the side panel from the bath to clean right into the cracks. The builders (ten years ago) had left all kinds of crud under the bath, including this plastic strip with three...
9
9

Microsoft fixes severe 19-year-old Windows bug found in everything since Windows 95
"With help from IBM, Microsoft has patched a critical Windows vulnerability that flew under the radar for nearly two decades. The bug has existed in every version of Windows since Windows 95, and...
53
53

Alton Towers accident and 999 calls
It might have taken Alton Towers 11 minutes to call for an ambulance but surely that was just to give the teenagers time to take selfies and post on facebook, twitter and snapchat etc before the...
37
37

preserving new old stock car wings....
Doing up a doer upper. Amazingly acquired nos original wings! rust free! finished in factory black primer. i intend to fit them to the vehicle and painting etc in due course. What's the bestest way to...
10
10

12v DC wiring question - advice appreciated
From a local boot fair I bought a 12v air compressor, designed for use with a car's lighter socket. Unfortunately, some helpful previous owner had cut off the plug, leaving just bare wires. From eBay...
36
36

Paint filters for spraying
I was going to order some paint filters for use when preparing finishes for spraying. e.g.: I note these are available in a range of mesh sizes from 400 down to 125 micron. Any particular reason to...
4
4

OT Danish commercial - Best ever?
Fleggaard for boys from M2 Film on Vimeo http://player.vimeo.com/video/57468088?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0&color=d30000
9
9

OT Bolero from Oz
Queensland Symphony Orchestra surprises a curious and enthusiastic crowd with a guerrilla-style performance of Ravel's Bolero in Brisbane's South Bank. The Orchestra relocated to the city's cultural...

Help! A bit of lateral thinking needed . . .
I'm trying to find an aesthetically acceptable (to SWMBO) way of protecting the fish in my pond from herons. The pond is surrounded by paving, so whatever we use will need to be fixed to a hard...
36
36

Did anyone see the shared spaces bit on the one show?
IIf any proof were needed that town and street planners have started to live in a fantasy world, that demonstrated it. Accidents have reduced they say, of course they have as pedestrians go around the...
18
18

Road Rage and cycle lanes
From same `paper` as the B&Q banning Not condoning the actions of the driver, but the comment about cycle lanes in the story from Tim Lennon, from the Richmond Cycling Campaign: "...on a road like...