scam - ebay warning

Anyone tried to return an kit to a postcode UB18 7HK?

It was some electronc kit from China - it didn't function correctly and I have been given (by the seller) an address in the UK for the return. The postcode however is non existent. Yes it looks like a scam. The details are exactly the same as this

Just in case anyone here find themsleves talking to a seller about this. I suggest avoiding it.

Reply to
mike

All the UB 18 7xx codes seem to be "Spring, , Greenford". And the xx in the postcode is often the country code, but Hong Kong is HG not HK and China doesn't seem to appear. So if it's supposed to be returned to Hong Kong it's possible they've mistyped the postcode.

Spring is presumably

- which seems a reasonable place to be handling returns to foreign sellers.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Humphrey

Not having read the link, I suspect it's not so much a scam as a way of getting round eBays dispute system. The seller makes the punter jump through many hoops of answering questions and automatically promising satisfaction and then provides a useless return address (I had one in Jamaica for a phone screen that had been shipped from the UK.) At this point the punter has probably had enough and gives up, while eBays systems are satisfied that the seller has done their bit. Dispute gets closed, punter bins stuff.

Reply to
Scott M

On the very few occasions I've had problems, I've got a refund before having to return the faulty goods. If paid by Paypal. Did ask if they wanted them back afterwards - but on a couple of occasions, no reply. On others - don't bother.

I've never been asked to return faulty goods for checking before getting a refund. Although I've never bought high value stuff new from Ebay.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not really on topic: After a battle with Virgin Media regarding the useless wifi on the Superhub

1 they agreed to send me the Superhub 2. They sent me another Superhub 1. When I rang them they said that they would send me the Superhub 2 and postage to return the Superhub 1. They made quite an issue of returning it. It's been in the loft for over 12 months as no postage arrived. They just did not want it back.
Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Anyone remember the Ondigital STBs? Originally only rental. They then wanted you to buy or return them if you cancelled the rental when FreeView arrived. And if you did neither, they did nothing. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

My Nokia Mediamaster 9850 finally went to the tip a few months ago.

Not that I ever subscribed to On or ITV Digital, or even knew anyone who did.

Reply to
Graham.

replying to Scott M, kepplegate2 wrote: Yup Having same problem Had the runaround by seller now wants me to return it to address given but not via recorded delivery Leaving it to E Bay to sort out wish me luck

Reply to
kepplegate2