scam - ebay warning

Anyone tried to return an kit to a postcode UB18 7HK?
It was some electronc kit from China - it didn't function correctly and I have been given (by the seller) an address in the UK for the return. The postcode however is non existent. Yes it looks like a scam. The details are exactly the same as this
https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Seller-Central/UB18-7HK-post-code-SCAM/td-p/4353720
Just in case anyone here find themsleves talking to a seller about this. I suggest avoiding it.
mike wrote:

All the UB 18 7xx codes seem to be "Spring, <country name>, Greenford". And the xx in the postcode is often the country code, but Hong Kong is HG not HK and China doesn't seem to appear. So if it's supposed to be returned to Hong Kong it's possible they've mistyped the postcode.
Spring is presumably http://www.spring-gds.com/ - which seems a reasonable place to be handling returns to foreign sellers.
Mike
mike wrote:

Not having read the link, I suspect it's not so much a scam as a way of getting round eBays dispute system. The seller makes the punter jump through many hoops of answering questions and automatically promising satisfaction and then provides a useless return address (I had one in Jamaica for a phone screen that had been shipped from the UK.) At this point the punter has probably had enough and gives up, while eBays systems are satisfied that the seller has done their bit. Dispute gets closed, punter bins stuff.
--
Scott

On the very few occasions I've had problems, I've got a refund before having to return the faulty goods. If paid by Paypal. Did ask if they wanted them back afterwards - but on a couple of occasions, no reply. On others - don't bother.
I've never been asked to return faulty goods for checking before getting a refund. Although I've never bought high value stuff new from Ebay.
--
*The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

I have had a couple that have asked for it to be returned and when I have said that they will have to pay for the return, haven't heard from them again.
Had one recently which sent me something to print and put on the item being returned that appears to be a scam on the postal system because it made it look like the return was because the addressee wasn’t known at the address it was posted to. That was actually done by the ebay returns system, not the seller. I ignored that because it appeared to be a scam and still got the refund even tho I never returned the goods.

I have, but on aliexpress, not ebay. When I told them that they would have to pay for the return postage and told them what that would cost, they just ignored me and I didn’t get a refund on the item that never did work.
I also got a very decent solid set of nail clippers where the spring clip that keeps them closed when not being used didn’t go in very well at all. The seller was very apologetic about that, sent me a replacement that did work fine, and included a return mailer to use to send the original back. Presumably he sent the dud back to his supplier. It appeared that he had got them made in China and they had his logo on them.

I have, particularly high end smartphones. Turns out that the operation I got them from has their own web site and a normal retail store and flogs their stuff on ebay as well.
Also had another much lower priced smartphone bought from China which failed relatively quickly. They were happy to accept the return but just ignored all communication after the return of the defective phone and in that case paypal is useless. Not my phone in that case tho.
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Not really on topic: After a battle with Virgin Media regarding the useless wifi on the Superhub 1 they agreed to send me the Superhub 2. They sent me another Superhub 1. When I rang them they said that they would send me the Superhub 2 and postage to return the Superhub 1. They made quite an issue of returning it. It's been in the loft for over 12 months as no postage arrived. They just did not want it back.

Anyone remember the Ondigital STBs? Originally only rental. They then wanted you to buy or return them if you cancelled the rental when FreeView arrived. And if you did neither, they did nothing. ;-)
--
*Some people are only alive because it is illegal to kill.

On Sun, 28 Feb 2016 00:34:33 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"

My Nokia Mediamaster 9850 finally went to the tip a few months ago.
Not that I ever subscribed to On or ITV Digital, or even knew anyone who did.
--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
replying to Scott M, kepplegate2 wrote: Yup Having same problem Had the runaround by seller now wants me to return it to address given but not via recorded delivery Leaving it to E Bay to sort out wish me luck