Subject Author Posted Replies

OT-ish: shopfitting-type shelves with centre supported shelves
Hi all I'm looking for some freestanding light duty shelving, with not much experience of what is available. I'm hoping someone here might be able to help. The shelves themselves would be of size...
2
2

bay window tiling
Can anybody help standard tile battens will not bend to the curve. they snap at a knott. I want something that will curve and screw to the vertical posts at 460 cntrs. it must have a 10mm lip for the...
6
6

Link detached houses and property boundaries ?
If understand correctly, property boundaries usually run through the middle of walls with terraced and semi-detached houses, but what about link-detached houses? In this sketch for example, which of...
55
55

ot: ebay advert positive of negative
Just looking at laptop ads on ebay - one guy had "Comes with no charger"!
3
3

OT Thin edge of the wedge.
Islamification of Britain A BRITISH waterpark has sparked fury by banning bikinis and ordering visitors to cover up in 'Islamically appropriate' clothing.
16
16

12mm iron-on edging strip
Can't find any 12mm wide iron-on melamine edging strip. Does anyone make it or will I have to cut some? Cheers
14
14

VAX motor is stiff
Any ideas on how to remove the shroud covering the fan on a VAX 121 vacuum cleaner? The motor is stiff, and probably need a new bearing at the hidden end.
2
2

Mobility scooter/wheelchair "growling"
As SWMBOs ability to walk is worsening, I've tried to use the advantage of time, to snap up some bargains for mobility. Have currently amassed 3 portable "Aqua soothe" scooters, and a Roma Medical UL7...
12
12

life expectancy of copper hot water cylinder
We are having to replace a copper hot water cylinder for the second time in 25 years. Does this sound normal. Anyway what makes them fail. We are in a soft water area.
21
21

Getting a modern phone to ring
Argh! Have promised to lend another local drama group my home brew phone ringer built from a PIC and a 4 transistor H-bridge driver circuit for a play this week. I've used this to good effect at my...
60
60

For the d-i-y softies amongst us ...
Heartbleed Bug

Making springs
Hi, I need to make up a few small compression springs; about 20mm long and 5mm wide (outside diameter max.) Any idea where I might be able to source the wire for this purpose? I saw someone on YT...
16
16

Ping ARW
In a different life I used to do fire risk assessment. The contract was with a major nationwide and offshore retailer. This was in the early days of risk assessment - common sense was still alive. I...
22
22

Who makes a good solid simple 13A power bar
aka "extension strip" - 6 ways or so. Needs to be
6
6

Copper olives
Are they any better than brass in situations where alignment is less than perfect, or the pipe is slightly deformed, or is of an old standard with slightly different and non-standadr O.D. as some 1/2"...
2
2