Power shower & RCD plug

I have a Mira Vigour power shower - it draws H & C from the tanks, it doesn't have a heater, just a pump. It's 3 years old.

It's connected via an RCD plug as per instructions.

Switched it on tonight, it ran for maybe 10 seconds & stopped. I pressed the reset on the RCD plug and it came on for maybe 5 seconds. After that the RCD wouldn't reset at all.

Obviously a bit of diagnostics is required, but to save time is it "more likely" that (a) there is a fault with the shower or (b) the RCD plug is faulty?

Reply to
David Lang

I would say that the first order of the day is to whip the cover off and see if water has got to anywhere it shouldn't have.

Manual here.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Replaced the RCD and now it works a treat, I had a feeling in my water it was the RCD, don't know why. Sometimes it pay's to trust ones water :-)

Reply to
David Lang

You are missed on the cycling group.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

RCD plugs are often not the best. I've had one fail on me. (I used it for an electric blanket.)

Replace the socket with an RCD socket or FCU.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Good thought.