Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Windows Godmode
Useful and simple hack for most versions of Windows. Windows 8, Windows 7, Server 2008, and flavors of Windows Vista provide an unpublished ability to create a control panel called GodMode that allows...
10
10

Do Germans have big cellars?
And HTF did he get it down there? German army removes haul of military hardware from 78-year-old's home.
15
15

OT: Windows questions
Having some work to do this a.m. in a small local office, and therefore having suffered exposure to Windows, I have some doubtless simple questions to which I'd appreciate answers. 1) Where does it...
19
19

OT. Tunisia.
Didn't see many Muslims observing a minutes silence today on TV.
15
15

Discrete chimney vent
We've just taken a fireplace out of one of the rooms in my daughter's Victorian flat. I appreciate that I should include a fixed vent to provide some ventilation for the stack. What's the most...
6
6

Jerry can breather
Standard jerry can spout with breather hole and short metal vent pipe to allow air in and contents out. Bubbles away OK but it takes a quite while to empty the can. Does fitting a bit of tube to the...
5
5

low level and high level toilets
Hello, I would quite like a low level or high level toilet. I had some close coupled toilets in the past, and I know it is not an every day occurrence, but when they play up, they can be a pain to...
6
6

Thread insertt/adaptor
I need to reposition the coolant sensor on the old Rover. Just an inch or so to where the thermotime switch was. The CTS thread is 10x1.5mm The thermotime 14x1.5mm I can buy a blank 14x 1.5mm plug in...
6
6

Stuffing the magic smoke back in...
An old friend finally gave up, here is the story of its restoration to health: Makita HR2450 SDS Drill Armature Replacement - DIYWiki
14
14

Poor quality signal through TV booster
An interesting problem with my parents TV reception occurred a while back. My parents set-up was as follows. A high gain digital TV aerial on the roof, pointed towards the Belmont transmitter. This...
15
15

Gravel Gardens
Hi all, I see these patches of gravel appearing more and more often where lawns once were. I think they look better - and they presumably require minimal maintenance. What's the secret with these -...
40
40

Windows 10 FREE ...yes, but with strings (for non genuine systems)
In reality this means that, if you have a copy of Windows, and it has the 'non-genuine' watermark, you'll be able to upgrade. But unless you pay up, it will continue to say 'non-genuine' after you...
8
8

Air BnB
Lots of the usual internet scare stories out there but has anyone personal experience and how did they find it ?
87
87

Cheap silent compressor
I'd like a quiet compressor so I can keep it inside. I'm sure that something like this would deliver enough air, we only use it on machines that have air clamps, Free-/171667166747 Wondered what...
3
3

34mm waste
I've got a condensate waste falling into vertical 34mm plastic with a short horizontal run and then another short vertical run. It has a tendency to freeze up in winter so I'm intending to replace the...
10
10