Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Font size in TB
I think I've clicked the wrong thing! When reading a NG message the font is so small I can hardly read it. when I hit 'follow up' to reply to one, the font size is huge! How does one change this>
18
18

Advice on elec wiring
Linked to diagram below,hope you can make sense of per my previous post I reckon I will have to cut some holes in the ceiing but any guidance would help in trying to work out where best to cut. A,B,C...

Pond glue
Son has had a number of contractors to look at refurbishing his garden pond. Loads of people didn't turn up and ones who did have either never returned or provided estimates but now don't answer their...
9
9

copper central heating pipes - paint or not to paint?
Is it better to leave visible central heating pipes (copper) unpainted? Leaving them unpainted would certainly make mods of the system easier. I am thinking of modifying the system (installing bigger...
21
21

Shower Tray Chips
Just about to retire a shower room and notices a chip on the tray. I believe it is resin. What's the best repair product?
1
1

removing asbestos safely (ceiling)
I need to take 3 12" X 12" sections out of my artexed ceiling to access wiring. 1980s build so possibilty of asbestos. What is the safest way.
18
18

What sticks to stainless steel?
Try again :-] I have a problem with our stainless steel sink counter-top. In one area th e top has become detached from the wooden base, and lifted slightly, affect ing the draining and causing water...
11
11

This week's project...
(draft, and its late, so n doubt full of typos!) Probably could have built something 10 times the size is the same time period. Oak Drawer Organiser - DIYWiki
4
4

Adhesive question
I have a problem with our stainless steel sink counter-top. In one area th e top has become detached from the wooden base, and lifted slightly, affect ing the draining and causing water to pool. It...
2
2

Laser levels
My (basic) laser level has stopped spinning. I will open it up tomorrow, but in case it is not fixable do I recall an earlier thread enthusing over the Bosch Quigo? Or any other suggestions? Current...
5
5

OT Hinckley point new reactor
Ministers led by David Cameron want to allow energy company EDF to spend the best part of ten years building a new nuclear power plant next to an old one at Hinkley Point, Bridgewater.
17
17

Wooden slats on shed roof
I need to fix some wooden slats on to my shed roof to make sure it doesnt blow off in a gale. Must I use `fekt nails` or can I use screws (thinking leaks)
7
7

Shower pressure issue
Hi, I'm trying to improve my parents' shower. The problem is the cold feed to the mixer unit is extremely high pressure (much more than at my house, though both are direct feeds). It results in the...
4
4

Correct pointing direction of TV Aerial viewed from the garden
I have got from an internet page the exact bearing in degrees to which to point my Aerial straight at the Freeview Televsion Transmitter Station. I've downloaded a compass app to my android phone, so...
16
16

Microsoft can disable your pirated games and illegal hardware
Microsoft?s updated End User Licence Agreement terms and conditions let it disable any counterfeit software or hardware and, if you?re running a Windows 10 computer, you?ve just agreed to them....
6
6