Busted jigsaw motor - fixable?

My jigsaw started sparking and throwing out smoke, so I took it to bits, found a shorted coil in the motor, and disconnected it. But it's still doing this (sew video). Is there anything that can be done, or does it go in the bucket?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/75z1zyve3jajgg7/Saw.AVI?dl=0
--
Many of the world's greatest runners come from Kenya because they have a unique training program there -- it's called a lion.

Mr Macaw wrote:

You need to repair the coil not remove it.

Removing it makes the motor provide force 23/24ths of the time. How is that wrong? And why would it still flash at the brushes when the shorted one is removed?
--
In the first few days of the Olympics the Rumanians took gold, silver, bronze, copper, lead and anything else they could get their bloody hands on.

On 08/05/2016 16:01, Mr Macaw wrote:

Yawn. Replace the brushes. Yawn.
Or throw it.

Tried that before on a brush cutter, but it didn't fix the problem. I was told the coils were shorting and that was busting the brushes. I got a warranty replacement.
In this case, the jigsaw DID have a shorted coil. Every coil was 1.15 ohms except one coil which was 0.1 ohms.
--
I had amnesia once -- or twice.

Mr Macaw wrote:

Yes but 1 time in 24 the current is going from full to min and causing the sparks.

I see. But presumably nothing like from full to short.
Repairing the coil would be impossible, the insulation is like glue, you can't unravel little motors like that.
--
Black.... like the clouds of death that follow me into the forest of doom and hide in the wardrobe of darkness! Blaaaackk!

Mr Macaw wrote:

Hmmm, seems like your 21 year old degree is as useless as you are. You have been called a tool twice. Allow me to call you a prick.

None of my business but anything that looks like a shorted turn does annoying things with an alternating magnetic field:-(

--
Tim Lamb

I am sure that many kettles have an opinion on that.
--
Adam

ARW wrote:

Kettles do not post here, thicko.
On 5/8/2016 3:23 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Bosch spares are usually readily available, and not too expensive.

It's a "Challenge" from Argos. Not a big brand.
--
Bill Clinton thinks "harass" is two words.

On 5/8/2016 10:14 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Looks like a Bosch to me.

No, unless Bosch are in the habit of selling off QC failed items to Argos?
--
Times are tough.
Just the other day, I saw a beggar who was so broke that he was standing on the corner shouting at the cars that went by.

Really? Bought some plastic parts for my Bosch jigsaw when the blade locking mechanism failed. I thought the price silly.
--
*Sometimes I wake up grumpy; Other times I let him sleep.

Funny, that's exactly the part that failed on my Bosch, hence I bought a cheap shit one next. I couldn't get a spare.
--
If breasts had no nipples, they'd be pointless.

On 08/05/2016 15:23, Mr Macaw wrote:

Consider the armature approximating a rotating transformer.
One segment that has a short is like shorting a winding in a transformer.
Either get a new armature, or get a new jigsaw. I would favour the latter.
On Sunday, 8 May 2016 23:03:49 UTC+1, Fredxxx wrote:

,
.
There's always the horrible bodge option. Run the thing in series with a 3k W fire. If it still sparks too much, reduce the fire power. Of course it'll affect the motor speed & power some, but not greatly. And you'll probably find that 1 time in 24 it won't self start until moved slightly.
NT

Couldn't I short a winding 180 degrees round from the already shorted one?
--
I learnt so much from my mistakes I think I'll make another.