Always off spring loaded switch

Got out the lawnmower today to discover the switch was faulty. I shorted it out but Id like to add a torpedo switch that was off when let go and only on when my finger was on it. Looked on Ebay but all are just ordinary switc hes. Is there such a thing as what I want. To replace the switch with the p roper type isnt worth it.

Reply to
sintv

An industry standard V3 microswitch should do the job - check the current ratings - typically 15 amps and then fashion a suitable trigger handle etc for ease of use. You even buy them with a lever attached which can be bent to a certain extent.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Apparently available in momentary, but only 1 amp rating

Might be available from RapidOnline as a special order - they carry Castleco / Omeg

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

This looks good, apart from the usual Canford problem

Reply to
Andy Burns

:O

Reply to
tabbypurr

it out but Id like to add a torpedo switch that was off when let go and onl y on when my finger was on it. Looked on Ebay but all are just ordinary swi tches. Is there such a thing as what I want. To replace the switch with the proper type isnt worth it.

Google "momentary switch".

Reply to
harry

Yes and some have a little wheel on the end so the device can roll along the bit of the lever inside the handle. I used to have a Strimmer that had one of these. it never went wrong due to the actual switch, it was the naff plastic of the enclosure that crumbled in the end. brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff