OT Mercury transit on May 9.

Lots of BS about it here.

I thought we were past middle ages superstition?

Reply to
harry

We we are but twerps abound.

Reply to
Tim Streater

And on May 10 they'll be trotting out all the reasons why it didn't happen, as they always do, but some idiots carry on believing. IIRC, according to the Jehovah's Witnesses, the world should have ended several times over my lifetime, but every time it doesn't they trot out some pathetic excuse...

Reply to
Chris Hogg

We haven't paid enough taxes (yet)?

Or perhaps it HAS ended...and we simply never noticed!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If they knock on my door I could help them.

Reply to
ARW

Actually...

The world did end, but we got a new one in the insurance.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

What about the worst that can happen is a lot of people burning holes in their retinas trying to see it. As was said, you need to project the image onto a white surface magnified to see it.

Its a strange little planet with a hear of 88 days, and a day of two years. that is Mercury years. Its also covered in a kind of carbon like burnt toast in some places, hardly surprising when you think of how close to the sun it is!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The only interesting thing about this is that the editors of the Daily Express think that enough of their readers are twerps, or at least mildly interested in twerpism, that it's worth publishing.

Reply to
Clive Page