Subject Author Posted Replies

Single oven 50cm wide - does it exist? (2023 Update)
Very short on space and planning a kitchen. I could really do with a built-in single oven 50cm wide. I've tried looking online but can't see anything. There are cookers 50cm wide but I want a single...
10
10

How easy is it to get an incoming gas supply moved?
We have a bungalow with an attached 1-car garage. The room adjacent to the long wall of the garage is a utility lobby, a bit like a hallway. We would like to put a door through from this lobby into...
15
15

Can you paint onto glass
I'd like to do a simple (well in my head it's simple) job of painting some white paint (not whitewash) onto glass can this be done?
7
7

Getting long lasting appliances
This deserves its own thread... First appreciate the bathtub curve. This gives rise to 2 things 1. don't buy new, get used appliances, and you'll have longer average appliance life, so long as you can...
16
16

Daily Mail
Somebody recently posted that they read the Daily Mail because they wanted factual reporting Perhaps they might like this report oit_kit/...
15
15

OT More Vulcan pix
Photographer Andy Rouse had the best seat in the house when he was lucky enough to photograph the iconic Avro Vulcan bomber XH558 flying over Beachy Head, East Sussex
1
1

Mystery cladding process
Beyond DIY I know, but just in case anyone has any insight here. The picture I've placed here is detail from two Georgian, grade II listed buildings, in different parts of hampshire Both cladding...
2
2

Bosch brick blades in sabre saw.
Having to remove some 40 year old shrubs from the ground, I found that using a Bosch Brick blade to cut through the roots in the stony clay soil worked successfully and it didn't lose its edge as a...
2
2

A trick to starting up a Laptop
Friend took a new Toshiba laptop back to the shop that just wouldn't start up after coming on a few times previously. The shop staff pressed the on/off button *simultaneously* with the volume button,...
20
20

13A / USB socket power drain?
John Rumm, to whom thanks, mailed me a link, from which I wandered to , which shows (mainly) pattress-mounting dual 13A switched sockets such as we are all used to, but including a pair of USB sockets...
62
62

Gas pipe earth bonding Q
Our external gas meter is around a metre away from the combi boiler. Is it considered acceptable to earth bond the gas pipe to the rest of the copper pipes (F/R, mains cold and DHW) rather than...

Cable Crimp Connectors
Hi all, I need to crimp some cable terminations. I've already got the red, blue & yellow types with a ratchet crimper, but now need to deal with something slightly more meaty. This will be for...
14
14

Fujisu air conditioner fan motor
I've recovered an indoor part of an air conditioner with the wish to turn it into a fan coil unit to heat a workshop. I have about 2 tonne of 80C water to dissipate from a wood burner. Manual at and...
7
7

Cold Bathroom Radiator run of Hot Water
Hi Folks, I have a radiator in an en-suite that is run off the hot water circuit and has recently started to refuse to heat up. I suspect it may be related to a recent draining down of the central...
8
8

another S*n*f*o story
From another place: Did score a spectacular own goal in my own place. In my self build I have a bathroom in a garage that is below the sewer pip e so I fitted a chamber with a pumping solution. Wife,...