Subject Author Posted Replies

Source of floor tiles
I'm after a small quantity of floor tiles following a flood: Pergo Charcoal Slate - Expression Slab 4v .. Product reference 74928-1452.. Dimensions are 328mmx635mm Can't seem to find any online...

Galvo corrugated steel sheet - white powdery bloom
A few weeks back, the local BM delivered me a few sheets of galvo corrugated wriggly tin sheet. When we unloaded 'em and stacked 'em, they were covered with a white powdery bloom. I probably should...
10
10

OT: curious paragraph in the Guardian
"Without a Paris agreement, global warming is set to reach as much as 5C (41F) above pre-industrial levels. Scientists estimate that warming above 2C (35.6F) will result in catastrophic and...
98
98

Bosch cordless drills/drivers
Hello, Some years ago, I bought a Wickes high-torque 15.6V drill. It was the one recommended here by the Medway Handyman, as it had a right angle attachment. Sadly the nicads died and new cells would...
47
47

OT BBC Radio 4 does it's bit of dumbing down
A prog. about Physics the other night included some comments of the work of Feynman. The host made it easy for the listener by saying he was kind of like a "70's/80's "Brian Cox (physicist)". Yes...
19
19

Guy Martin and the Vulcan (slightly OT)
Anyone enjoy that? They interviewed some splendid characters, IMHO. I loved the "accelerated training". Havn't heard any follow-up on the "barrel roll" in the final flight. I do hope the regulators...
3
3

One for David Lang
This link is safe...my own site. http://www.tavi.co.uk/wd40.jpg
11
11

Lithium jump-start packs (slightly OT)
Anyone got any experience with them, or can recommend one? Only for a 1.3 petrol engine plus general use as a mobile supply.
2
2

single channel heating controller
I wish to replace my simple thermostat with a single channel central heating controller. First, look on toolstation as always: This seems to have the main features I would need, but programming looks...
19
19

Best AA rechargables.
Have a much loved ancient Ryobi hobby drill which takes 4 AA cells. Obviously, they've been replaced over the years. Probably originally Ni-Cads. Checking the current the device can take at near stall...
30
30

Tile removal - plasterboard
SWMBO wants the bathroom doing up including re-tiling. The walls are plasterboard (the internal walls are made of a plasterboard sandwich with scraps of PD between the outer skins - the only timber is...
4
4

Strange triangular screw head
I need to replace the bulb in a plastic outdoor light fitting that takes a 2D type flourescent light bulb. The cover is held own by two screws with heads of a type I've never seen before The heads are...
26
26

Opinions re shower enclosure
See attached image. Shower enclosure 800 x 900. Will be using coloured backer board within the enclosure. To the left of the enclosure (A) is a strip of wall approx 20 cms wide. Wife wants this (A) to...
6
6

OT More about Oz
I wonder if we could do the same with Rockall Isalnd? Closure of camp pits locals against 700 asylum seekers and shines spotlight on Australia’s immigration policy
1
1

OT: climate propaganda
The BBC tells lies. 1. No mention of the fact that the temp hasn't risen for 18 years. 2. The CO2 graph shows atmospheric CO2 rising consistently, in the period 1997 to 2015. If CO2 is the cause of...
26
26