Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Batman woman
Unbelievable how dopey politicians were taken in by this crook. Kids Company - Wikipedia
3
3

Simple maths challenge for Electricians
A power company generates 100kW to supply an industrial load of 94kW. The transmission line has a resistance of 0.09 ohms. If the power factor is 0.83 lagging, what is Vl?
28
28

Last minute DIY Xmas pressie needed
Go here, they cater for everyone... Sadly for Bill, no mention of nudists. This is us being gay. And straight. And bi...

Some floor down
Bene working with a mate - and much progress :) Got half the floor down upstairs - and a coat of Treatex Teak colour oil on the boards (the theory being that they will cup downwards rather than...

Suck blow for unblocking pipe
I have a couple of sluggish feeds to a couple of radiators. Chemical cleaners and DIY direct flushing from the mains has not helped. I wish I could achieve something like the suck - blow effect that a...
5
5

Slightly OT: HCl for Descaling Toilet
Was wondering around B&Q the other day when I came across some 'Super Powerful Toilet Cleaner': The label had some information on how it is better than HCl based toilet descaling products because HCl...
42
42

I don't believeeee it!
Did a job for a regular customer this morning, "while you are here, could you" look at our washing machine? 'Every time we use it there is a terrible smell.' Looked under the sink. No trap. Nothing....
10
10

Whats best for marking tiles for cutting
When doing this previously I would mark out the tile for cutting using whatever was at hand but mostly the line for cutting would wash off when using a wet tile cutter. What is best way to mark (a...
10
10

RAL colour for Howdens Kitchen 'Skye'
RAL colour for Howdens Kitchen 'Skye' Title says it How do I find the RAL Colour to match with existing colour? Jim
11
11

How hot do 45A isolators run under full sustained load?
(Spun off from Chris' thread). Just noticed my water heater isolator (about 45A load) gets rather warm after 15-30 mins of operation. Tightened the terminals - but it seems to be the switch element -...
25
25

OT Embarrassing government stuff.
Yahoo is now a part of Verizon Media

OT: Kellingley pit shuts and causes leftist dilemma
The big story on our local TV news is the closure of Kellingley Colliery. It's been a story for days now. The journos like this issue because (a) they can blame the Tories, somehow, and (b) it's a...
170
170

OT: Last Coalmine Closure Query
Can some kind soul shed light on why it is necessary to pump the main shaft with "hundreds of tons of concrete" to permanently seal it off? It just seems totally unnecessary to me and incredibly...
48
48

Baxi Combi 130 HE pressure release valve info?
Hello all... Can anyone advise me on how to remove the large tapering red knob on the PRV? I spoke with a Baxi employee who told me that the red kno b could be removed easily to reveal the seal and...
4
4

Inside of a knot
Ever seen inside a knot? I accidentally discovered this while demolishing: Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email...
18
18