Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: eBay: "Set spam for 11 ?"
Is it just me, or have eBay started spamming on a massive scale ? 8 emails in 5 days !
11
11

My B&Q closing
Apparently my local B & Q is closing on 23rd Jan. Wonder if they;ll have anything on sale that's worth it.
23
23

Amazon stealth deliveries
Ordered a USB stick from Amazon yesterday. Anticipated delivery tomorrow (Tue). Tracking page concurs. Get an email: "your package will be delivered today" Potter about doing nothing much. Another...
71
71

Rodent proof cable ?
We keep a mains operated water pump in its own little insulated box fixed t o the outside wall of the garage. I turn it off and drain it down every win ter, having lost two pumps to frost, and we only...
16
16

DIN relay recommendation (make at least)
Can anyone recommend a relay (or make of relay) please? I'm going to have to build some logic for a central heating system. Immutable parametrics are: DIN mount, 6A AC restive (with a good slice of...
19
19

Radiator Casing Top Clip
I wonder if anyone has come across a double panel central heating radiator with the top part of the casing held on with plates and 'screws' as in the two photos here: As can be seen one of the legs...

Dehumidifier on the blink
I have a dehumidifer (a Challenge MDF-12DMN3, which might be an Argos own brand?) which up until now has performed flawlessly for several years. However, all of a sudden it has completely stopped...
6
6

Swap TRV
I need to replace a TRV and don't want to drain more of my system than I need. Boiler - WB Combi in Loft Radiator - upstairs bedroom. TRV - same for same so should only take seconds to do. Bedroom -...
17
17

cutting ceramic tiles manually ?
I have just finished tiling the wall of shower room and used an inexpensive manual tile cutter from screwfix, perfect and no broken tiles (8mm). I thought I would measure up and cut a couple of the...
7
7

Replacement macerator
I have to replace an old Saniflo X2 macerator. It has been used as a pump on the garage sink waste as the garage is lower than the house. The sink isn't used that much now (it used to be before we...
5
5

Versatile drill
I've had my little Black & Decker two speed rotary drill since the early '70's. Screwfix are offering: or would I be better with I'm looking for occasional use around the house, getting screws in and...
50
50

OT: For those who really think UK coal is a viable option
Honestly, can you compete with that? Like this? http://vps.templar.co.uk/Energy%20pictures/opencast.jpg http://vps.templar.co.uk/Energy%20pictures/Uk%20Deep%20mine.jpg
25
25

OT: Recession Coming
Not safe at all with a bank. They're increasingly rolling out new T&Cs asserting the right to freeze your accounts if they, in their sole discretion, deem it appropriate. And they don't have to give...
151
151

Nice
In message , Bill writes It looks about right to me, and I started buying petrol in 1968 when memory tells me it was around 6/8 [1] a gallon, or roughly three gallons for a pound. The AA shows 74d at...
40
40

Expandable foam
I've never used the stuff. Could this really happen? https://giant.gfycat.com/EarnestEqualAlpinegoat.gif