Subject Author Posted Replies

Old Farm Engines
Our 1941 built Fordson N type was 27 BHP, used until 1971,Dad replaced it with a grey Fergie but that was a Diesel version. Dad could not hand crank the Fordson due to a shoulder injury so I started...
31
31

OT ping Chris Hogg - grass seed
It's a mistake to bury any seed too deeply. Sprinkle on top and rake in gently. Water to close up the soil round the seed. Needs to be kept watered until it germinates
6
6

Doors and glazing
Surely unless its very soft and rubbery, there is usually a finish for most plastics. Brian
5
5

270 degree concealed cupboard hinges
I think the hinges that IKEA use on their kitchen corner base cupboards mig ht suit. The two doors start at 90 deg to each other and end up flat agains t each other when open. If I recall correctly...
6
6

one for the camera buffs..
I changed my desk top printer. The old one had a slot for XD memory cards and called up a Wizard for transferring photos to my PC. The new one only takes SD/MS Duo so I bought a USB adapter. This...
31
31

Crummy Direct Line Ad
Oh indeed. Being able to cut off the mains water after say the kitchen is well worth while. And any outside feeds that are likely to freeze.
36
36

Server fans
I have half a dozen of something of this weight and material: I am pretty sure that they could work off a case psu but have no idea which wires to try first. The model is pretty ancientredundant shop...
5
5

Aldi d-i-y 1 May
Double bevel sliding mitre saw £79.99 Plus shelving, spanners, portable compressor, electric screwdriver...
4
4

Isopropanol for electronic & hygiene uses?
In some parts of the world it's easy to find 70% isopropanol solutions sold for first aid use & that sort of thing. Is there any reason that the stuff from RS (for example) sold for cleaning...
16
16

Polish up the Jackboots Lads!
"On behalf of the Netherlands and as part of the programme EUPST II, the Royal Netherlands Marechaussee will organise the first EUPST Comprehensive Live Exercise from 4 till 15 April 2016 in Weeze,...
7
7

windows .... everest vs anglian?
We're having new windows put in to our house. I've narrowed down the choice to either Everest or Anglian. They are comparable in products and cost. Is there anything wrong with either of these two...
59
59

Ikea power connectors
I have some Ikea OMLOPP under-cupboard LED lighting. Unfortunately my local Ikea didn't have the connector to join the transformer to the mains. The socket on the ANSLUTA transformer has two D-shaped...
2
2

CCTV (again)
Recent wave of break-ins in our postcode has sparked off the CCTV project again. I'm thinking Network Video Recorder and HD IP cameras would be a quick install while I'm pulling Cat5e around the roof....

OT:Tech prices increase .../
Tidying up my inbox, I found a receipt for this B0084LZI5Y at £59.99 from Jan 2015 Current price is £84.99 (reduced from MRP of £99.99). so £25 *more* expensive after nearly 2 years ! Is this...
2
2

OT: A question of odds
The local press reported the following: "A couple who share the same birthday were stunned when their first son was born on the same day - at odds of 1,014 to one" As far as I can make out, the odds...
23
23