Subject Author Posted Replies

Boiler flue positioning relative to gas meter
Looking into possibly relocating my daughter's boiler to give more options in the kitchen refit. It's currently fitted very awkwardly in a corner cupboard that is appalling for access and messes up...
12
12

Metal BT Ducting cap/cover required
Anyone have an idea where I could find one of those galvanised BT duct cable entry covers/caps? I can only find the long plastic ones on line but want to protect the 3 or 4" of telephone wire where it...

A good day at work
Mainly because the plumber swapped a radiator for a towel rad and then could not shut the bathroom door as the towel rad stuck out more than the radiator. That's made up for my Bluetooth/mobile phone...
8
8

The finished patio table
In message , David Lang writes +1 in spades. Excellent.
19
19

Roof window recs please
I'd like to put in a roof window for extra light and removal of excess heat in the loft. The roof angle is about 45 degrees, tiles are flat and square. Will centre pivot be LESS likely to let in rain...
9
9

UPVC windows: Should every frame have a drain hole, exterior, bottom?
I acquired a UPVC double glazed window that I'm ready to install. I'm curio us to note that there is no drain hole in the frame's exterior, so any wate r that gets into the frame could only exit...
2
2

where to start in welding
Junior wants to tackle welding. What would be his best/easiest way to start ?
42
42

Parts needed for Glow Worm Sunrod G50 boiler
The gas valve and / or burner on my faithful old Sunrod G50 boiler have finally failed after about 50 years use. Unlikely, I know, but I don't suppose anyone has these parts available, or any idea...
29
29

the heating spiel post
Well, well strange how I don't qualify even though I live in a single walled terraced house which I own and get dla. Oh well I'll stick with my storage heaters mysteriously installed for free by a...
4
4

UPVC single-casement window: changing it from right-hung to left-hung?
Hello all, I've acquired a side-hung UPVC single-casement window that is exactly the r ight design and size that I need, except that I'd prefer it if the opening part were left-hung rather than...
5
5

OT the blonde and the two blacks
I had to laugh. BBC TV news last night, main item was the increase in anti-terrorist police activity. So they showed the police stopping a blonde white woman to find out if she was a terrorist and...
61
61

Inspection chamber cover: Screws wl not unscrew...
Previous owners had fastened down an inspection chamber lid on the patio, but the screws will not budge. Tried numerous applications of PlusGas, and it does disappear down the sides of the screws,...
39
39

Signalex Android phone charger stand from Poundland.
I bought one of these yesterday. Small problem, the plug which is polarised is reversed where it connects to the phone, so the phone is backwards! I took it back today and found that they had two...
15
15

Copper cylinder question.
I've spotted a very small leak from the top flange on our copper cylinder heating coil. I'm planning to drain the cylinder and push something in the gap this weekend. I'm just wondering if it's...
27
27

Bridge collapse
surprised that only the brick facing walls are holding in the outward forces resulting from the load on the roadway. Why not tie bars and spreader plates to stop the walls being pushed outwards?
44
44