Subject Author Posted Replies

New toilet cistern not touching wall
Am currently installing a new bathroom suite. Removed the old toilet to tile behind it. Went to fit the new one, only to find the new tank is a lot smaller and doesn't touch the wall, leaving a 40mm...
10
10

Scandinova - do they exist?
Does anyone here know if Scandinova actually exists as a company? Searching for Scandinova produces zillions of hits for Scandinova kitchen equipment but no hits at all for an actual company behind...
5
5

CH pump removal
I need to replace it - but how to get it off? Stilsons won't fit in the lim ited space round one of the nuts, and won't grip adequately the wrong way r ound. Also the amount of force needed on the...
24
24

Vanguard subs (a bit OT)
Scroll down to the sub pics, it looks as though they have solar panels! I guess they are sensor arrays of some sort, perhaps it is experimental kit. Defence Committee chairman Julian Lewis says Sir...
14
14

The old jokes are the best ones
I am pretty sure we have seen it before, but well worth telling again. Optimistic father gives Black and Decker Workmate to 29-year-old son
8
8

Wall socket with integrated USB - Power drain when off.
I bought this double plug wall socket with two additional integrated USB sockets. . The on/off switches do not control the USB sockets. So I started wondering about the USB transformer eating current...
20
20

OT: 4k TV as PC monitor.
I recently 'fixed' my Dad's 40" TV and was testing it on my PC by using it instead of my two 24" LCD monitors (one vertical, one horizontal). It's a Panasonic TX-40CX680B TV. Bloody hell, at 3840 x...
38
38

Western Link HVDC interconnector makes landfall in Scotland
"A 385 km subsea power cable, billed as one of the world's largest, has come ashore in the UK this week" "The cable reached shore at Ardneil Bay in North Ayrshire, Scotland as part of the £1bn...
36
36

Opening Pandora's Junction Box
True, in fact as far as I can tell, there is little with which you can help. Having heard the many tales of electricians apprentices here, that is actually quite easy to believe. Prejudice, or just...
76
76

WiFi
Is there any technical reason why a hub cannot have a small discrete add on aerial so that my hub could hide behind the TV without reducing it's range?
8
8

Sealing MDF
I've just bought a cheap bench - all fine except it has untreated a 5mm MDF shelf and top. As it's in the cellar, which isn't bone dry, I thought it best to seal it. I've got some PVA (just normal...
9
9

Anybody got combustion chamber panels for a Worcester 280 rsf
Combustion chamber panels
1
1

Silent trailing edge dimmer/bulb compatibility
Hi. I'm thinking about replacing 4 60W R63 spotlights, currently controlled by a wall mounted dimmer, with 4 11W dimmable LED bulbs of the same format . The Led bulbs I'm after are from TLC Direct and...
47
47

Another power question (as shown by GridWatch)
Having a quick nosey, I noticed that we seem to be importing 0.73 GW from Holland and exporting 0.72 GW to France. This does make me wonder why the French don't just take it directly from the Dutch....
36
36

How to replace a central heating controller to be online?
The market is full of wireless thermostats making this very difficult to research. I just want to change my Danfoss FP715 central heating control to an alternative unit that I can access...
3
3