potting compound substitute for cdi unit.

Hi, the HT lead on the trials bike was held to the CDi unit with some sort of potting compound. There is only a spike to attach the lead to, no screw unfortunately. On the plus side there is a sleeve that helps hold the lead in place. I have Arldite, I also have plasti dip which is pretty strong and a bit flexible. Which one would be the most likely to stand up to the job? thanks

Reply to
misterroy

What is it made of? I'd suspect something with a little give would be best. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I will go with the plasti-dip, it is a wee tub I have not a spray.

I have used it to squeeze a final winter out of wetsuits.

Reply to
misterroy

Was the sleeve at one time very tight and now just easily slips on?

I wonder if the sleeve needs to be replaced with a new piece on heat shrink sleeve - possibly heat shrink with adhesive which can provide a weatherproof bond.

It comes in various diameters

Random Ebay example, not necessary the cheapest

alan_m