Subject Author Posted Replies

Suggestions for temporary outside screen/wall?
I have quite a long, straight drive leading from the road up to my garage. I quite often have the doors open when I'm on the drive eg working on the motorbike, as I was doing today. It's a pain if I...
9
9

Wago and Grip-it
Aren't Wago connectors one of the greatest DIY inventions! Got called in today to fit a new fluorescent tube assembly after a friend removed the old one only to discover he didn't understand loop-in....
1
1

Help, dishwasher bottom seal
New world DW60, I had problems with machine intermittently switching off, eventually the prob was the bottom seal badly seated. I pushed it back ....too much and pushed it in behind the door panel. I...

What do I need to know about owning and maintaining a septic tank?
My preparation for moving from modern suburbia to old rural continues. Previous houses have all been connected to mains sewerage but the one we're moving to has a septic tank, about which I know very...
24
24

MAGNET ALERT!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Small-neodymium-disc-magnets-2mm-3mm-4mm-5mm-6mm-UK-stock-tiny-strong-craft-/162003918151?var=&hash=item25b82f9d47:m:mvxzPQqWXRRdo7W7WR-fHoQ...
2
2

Quick magnets question
In the new caravan there is a sliding curtain which is supposed to attach to a wall using pairs of magnets, one sewn into the curtain and the other sunk into a vertical wood strip. This is a room...
15
15

Roller Blind ( maybe a daft question)
I have a five foot roller blind in my Kitchen. Its getting a bit grubby an d I thought of changing it. Is it possible that I could get a new one and i nsert it into the existing clip fittings attached...
12
12

Flexible plastic sheeting
Is there any kind of plastic sheeting that I can buy about 4' by 8' and perhaps less than 1/4" thick so that it bends? I want it for exterior use where it might get wet.
16
16

[OT] Peugot buying vauxhall?
So bets on whether its the German plant or the UK plant that closes first? Will brexit make it the UK ones? That will be a few thousand that will wish they had voted the other way.
23
23

strange goings on at bank auto-teller. OT
A friend of mine found a purse containing £70 in notes, some coins, an d no means of identifying the owner, so took it to the Police Station and h anded it in as Found Property. 3 (or 6) months...
22
22

I got my kitchen unit level ...
... but then realised that I'd need a 170 mm plinth to fill in the gap where I'd wound all the legs out to max and stood them on planks. Never mind, 4 hours before I might want to eat something. Owain
16
16

Glow worm space saver mk2
Hi Just moved into a house with the above boiler. It's working well but I don't seem to be able to set the timer to turn the hot water and heating on and off separately. Is this just because the...
2
2

OT: question for Health & Safety rebels
Jar of sandwich piccalilli - best before Jan 2013. Safety button intact. Ingredients: cauliflower, onions, sugar, gherkins, spirit vinegar, maize starch, mustard seed, salt, turmeric, red peppers,...
7
7

Repairing screw holes when selling and moving out?
This.
47
47

aeg 76810
Hi, we have an AEG washing machine code 76810, getting an error message E50 and 5 beeps also tripped the rcd 3 times , replaced brushes just over a year ago and rechecked them and they are fine. Any...