OT question

What are the parameters that set the speed of electromagnetic transmission in a vacuum? I've googled everywhere but I can't find the answer. It's easy enough to find the figure but WHY? Why not 29,979,245.8 metres per second or 2,997,924,580 metres per second?
Bill
replying to Bill Wright, Iggy wrote: Lies, Liars and Frauds...to put it precisely. Space "science" (laughable non-science) is the biggest bunch of contradictions ever. They claim authority, simply make an outlandish statement, never provide any proof nor duplication and the droolers obey. They tell us only what Real Science has duplicated and measured, though their patently ridiculous Big Bang crushed it all. Therefore, your speeds can't exist...according to them. However, your speeds must and do exist...according to them.