zanusy diswasher spare part needed

Hi,

i need a spare emptiying impeller for my zanussi des959.

its only a few years old and not used much at all, i managed to track down the problem with this as it was failing to empty with al6 alarm.

I cldnt see where the empty mechanism/pump was as there is only one motor wich seemed to be working fine, however after taking most of the rest of it to bits i took the motor off to see how it emptied and found it has two impellers, one for the main wash and one for the empty , but al the blades have disapeard off of the 2nd impeler, wich would explain why it isnt emptieng, i presume some of the broken crockery that has hapened once or twice has got down there somewhow and smashed it to bits or its just bad plastic or something, its bad design if there is nothing stoping it geting to the pump.

i tried searching for zanusi dishwasher spares on the net but al i cld find was spare arms or plastic trays etc wich isnt a whol elot of use to me, does anyone know where i can get them from in the UK and if i wld be able to get just the impeler or would i have to buy a whole motor asembly or something ? and would they supply such parts to a user, even tho i consider myself a comptetnt electricla/elecronic/mechanical engineer.

i would be grateful for some quick help as its all sprewn around the kitchen at the moment.

Colin =^.^=

PS. incidently ive just repaired the impeller by cuting slots where the blades shld be and gluing 9x9mm squares cut from a fiberglas pcb, its lasted one rinse so far but one oif the blades came off. but fingers crosed it wil last a reasonable while, hopefuly i can get hold of a new bit.

Reply to
colin

Try the

its a link from the zanussi web site.

Beware though spares are NOT cheap.

Andrew

col> Hi,

Reply to
Andrew Welham

thanks il give them a try, i sent them an email

Colin =^.^=

Reply to
colin

you wernt kidding, over a 100 quid :o have to buy the whole pump motor asembly just for the sake of a broken bit of plastic Colin =^.^=

Reply to
colin