Zanussi Tumble Dryer

I have a Zanussi TD about 6 years old. This has been staining the collars and cuffs of shirts. I have diagnosed that the problem is to do with the front of the drum and the felt washer. It appears that the drum has become a bit worn and now the pad is covered in rust.

The simple question is: Is it worth changing the felt washer, or is the fact that the galvanised coating on the drum worn just going to result in the felt washer getting rusty again?

Thanks

Tim

Reply to
TimD

It'll only get rusty again. You could take the old drum out and get a new one from a savage shop that hasn't gone rusty. Then change the felt pads.

Reply to
BigWallop