Low Heat setting on Zanussi Tumble Dryer

Looking at a Zanussi TC482W Condensor Tumble Dryer The timer controller has a Hot section and a Cool or low heat section. The cool or low heat setting has suddenly become too hot ! As the spares list only seems to list a single Thermostat how is the temp controlled when on the low heat setting ? Cant find any wiring diagrams . Just want some ideas before I go to the hassle of dismantling it.

Reply to
Robert

I don't know about that one, especially with it being a condenser, but my previous, non-condensing dryer simply had two identical heaters and the low heat setting only energised one of them.

Reply to
SteveW

Another way I've seen is a fixed setting Thyristor like a light dimmer reducing the duty cycle in effect of the same heater. If the actual power SCR or its control goes phut, its on full all the time or won't work at all. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Thanks for the thoughts. By condenser type It has a simple passive cooling stage - removable for cleaning - and the water collects in a container below.

Reply to
Robert

My current one is a condenser - it still has a heater for when rapid drying is needed.

Reply to
SteveW

The heater has 3 wires 2 setting 1000w and 1500w, so looks like a problem with the mechanical controller - so have dumped/recycled the dryer. The Heater box has 2 thermostats riveted onto it , a 92C one and another

150C I think. Not easy to replace, From reading the 92C will be an over temperature resettable one and the 150C will probably be non-resettable. Quite worrying the amount of fluff and fabric debris buildup around the heater and throughout the machine .
Reply to
Robert