Help: Spares for old GE tumble dryer

My neighbour has an old (about 26 years) dryer in perfect condition, built like a tank, and with a huge drum. Currently used for drying schoolboy football teams kit. She asked me to look at it when it stopped working and I found that the belt broke from the drag of a worn bearing and sliders which support the front.

The dryer is a large General Electric model DDE 5201 PAL WH

It requires a) centre bearing at the back b) 2 off plastic slides at the front c) belt

This link shows the machine.

have tried all the local spares shops and a number on the inernet with no success.

Can anyone point me towards a supplier on this side of the Atlantic? Possibly a supplier to the American Forces.

Regards Tim

Reply to
Persheen

The message from "Persheen" contains these words:

Why not get them sent from the USA?

Reply to
Appin

Prefer to deal with a supplier here if possible to avoid the hassle of importing but it might come to that.

However I now know of 11 people with the same dryer so spares will be an issue or they will be scrapped. All were purchased from new in the UK

Persheen

Reply to
Persheen

schoolboy

first call is car supplies. measure the old one and often theyll have something to fit.

2nd buy flat belt material that can be heat welded and make your own. 3 make a denim belt and add a sprung idler wheel to give and maintain belt tension.

Plastic slides: have little idea what they are, but if simple you might be able to make some

Bearing: variuos machanical items can be scavenged for something.

None of this is as aesy as fitting originals, but is often the way to go with old kit where made to fit parts arent available

NT

Reply to
bigcat