You're not going to believe this...but

Did you not connect this with not getting the service you were hoping for?

How much time did you spend doing all this? What did that cost?

Reply to
Andy Hall

The3rd Earl Of Derby

A day !!!!!! ???

Good grief. That represents more than the difference in cost between an entry level jig at about £45 and a Leigh D4 at £350

Andy Hall

What on earth is a cash converters shop? Sounds like a pawnbrokers or something.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

That's pretty well what it is. We don't have one round here, but there's one (or used to be) at the dodgy end of Chatham!

Reply to
Bob Eager

You know the price of everything and the value of nothing. You deserve the way you were treated. That is also evident by your choice of ISP.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Do you not understand trimming to context?

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Oh yes. A few minutes looking at the clientel (sp?) is very entertaining.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Well, one has to ask - how do you know what the prices are if you've never stepped foot in one? It's just a shop, not the spawn of the devil - some stuff's good value in there, some isn't.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Only if you are very unromantic - have you never heard of foreplay?

Reply to
Bob Mannix

converters

He probably bought back the same one he used to own!

Reply to
Jerry

'Kash Konverters' (or somesuch title) is a 'walk in off the street- offer something and we'll give you cash' deal. The shops also sell items to punters off the street from their rather eclectic stock. My granddaughters (allegedly) call the local branch 'Burglars'R'Us" ... but what do they know?

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

A rather downmarket pawnbrokers. The booths in the traditional ones aren't big enough to accommodate Wayne, Senga, six kiddies, Senga's Nan and the baby buggy.

Really Andy, you should get out more!

Owain

(whose former next-door-but-five neighbour is featured in "Scotland's Hardest Crims" available from your local Publishers Rejects bookshop)

Reply to
Owain

Is that available on Freeview?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

The message from "Bob Mannix" contains these words:

Is that the slop you get when the frotting pencil is proud but not embarassed?

Reply to
Guy King

I was half joking. So it really is a pawnbrokers/fencing operation in the form of a shop?

Jeez......

Reply to
Andy Hall

Ever thought of taking business studies?

While most aspects are pretty much common sense, a useful aspect is to be able to gain an appreciation of the difference between price and value.

Reply to
Andy Hall

That reminds me of the time in Halfords when I asked for a tube of Autosol... (for buffing metal, not piles..)

Reply to
Mathew Newton

|On 2006-08-25 11:17:47 +0100, Owain said: | |> Andy Hall wrote: |>>> Forgot to say I managed to find one for twenty quid in a cash converters |>>> shop. |>> What on earth is a cash converters shop? Sounds like a pawnbrokers or |>> something..... |> |> A rather downmarket pawnbrokers. The booths in the traditional ones |> aren't big enough to accommodate Wayne, Senga, six kiddies, Senga's Nan |> and the baby buggy. |> |> Really Andy, you should get out more! |> |> Owain |> |> (whose former next-door-but-five neighbour is featured in "Scotland's |> Hardest Crims" available from your local Publishers Rejects bookshop) | |I was half joking. So it really is a pawnbrokers/fencing operation in |the form of a shop?

You got it at last.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Guy King saying something like:

Only with permission - many prefer the fronting bottlet, but I suspect the 3rd Earl may have learned his trade(s) in a more masculine environment.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon