You're not going to believe this...but

I had a really good experience recently in a small local music shop. I am looking to buy a digital piano but obviously it is best to try different models first. Also I won't be able to actually make a purchase for a few months yet but I thought I would look into what is available now.

The local shop I went to had a few pianos on display from Yamaha and Roland and the sales assistant couldn't have been more helpful or better informed. On request he produced a set of headphones for me and my friend to use and we were encouraged to spend as long as we liked trying the various pianos. I explained to him that I wouldn't be in a position to make a purchase just yet but he wasn't bothered in the slightest and insisted that I should return whenever I wanted to try the pianos again. He was able to demonstrate the various features of each piano and was well informed about the range of models available. and without being asked he produced catalogues for me to take away.

OK, their prices are slightly higher than I would pay on the internet or from some box shifting company but not by very much, and the attitude of this guy has made me determined that he will get my business when the time comes to buy.

Reply to
Adrian Chapman

should HAVE .....

Reply to
me

Yebbut you can usually train monkeys with the aid of peanuts.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Perhaps these idiot youffs will all retrain as euthanasia experts, then we shall all be stuffed.

Peter

You owe the lad an apology, but that would take a man.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

I applied for a job at B&Q a few years ago - after a quick chat I was offered a job there and then mainly because I knew what POS and SEL mean :)

Didn't take it, btw.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

The nub of your problem was expecting that B&Q which is a store that sells tools is actually a tool store.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Yeah, I know what you mean, when I go to work on a Sunday I like to pick up a Bacon & Egg McMuffin from the McDonalds down the road, after being quoted the price which had increased by 20p since the beginning of the year (This was a while ago) I expressed my concerns over the severe increase in price, the chap shrugged and said "Inflation I guess." to which I answered "Inflation is only 2.1% at the moment, that increase is pushing 18" to which the puzzled reply was "Really? I thought there was only 10 per-cent to a Pound" I walked away slowly suppressing an urge to yell "Step away from the human gene pool and put your hands behind your head!!"

//J

Reply to
Jan Larsen

Your point is valid; but it wasn't a B&Q!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Well if they don't sell dovetail jigs, not a common retail item for most retail outlets in case you hadn't noticed, how the f*ck do you expect him to know what you are on about? You might as well have asked him for a reticulating retaining plunger, like the sort you don't use on the missus.

HLAH

I'll pick you as the target since some people are nit picking about me being illiterate,which doesn't bother me one Iota.

Being illiterate(only partial mind) has never stopped or interfered with my ability to secure employment in my early stages of youth,the jobs I chose where jobs that interested me and I've had quite a few jobs in my time because I didn't want stay put for longer than two years.

Anyway througout my employment career I've gained more knowledge that quite number of people don't posses,this knowledge is as follows...

I have degrees in art..early stages of leaving school and into college. Certificates in woodwork/Joinery. Done 12months electronics but never stayed to take exam. Have worked in a an engineering workshop. Spent 3 years working for an electrical contractor,mainly house rewiring,shops. Worked for two large estate agents as a jack of all trades.

Most of my DIY knowledge is self taught,these include... Glazing. Plastering. Joinery. Tiling,wall&floor. Lay a concrete floor. Plumbing. Electrical. Painting&Decorating. TV&Video Repairing. Build&sort out PC problems.

I can play two types of musical instruments Guitar and Clarinet,although this instrument is only just recently learning.

So I say to YOU that pick up on my illiteracy points...how much of that can you DO?

Being illiterate doesn't mean the person is stupid,its because they cant comprehend(thats *understand* for the simple folk) that sort of field in lifes tapestry of learning.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

If you used your spellchecker, nobody would know you couldn't spell. Scott Fitzgerald couldn't spell either.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Quite so! I picked up the B&Q from one of the replies. Since the shop was presumably not in the sole charge of the said youf, the OP could have asked for a more experienced assistant?

Reply to
Ed Sirett

More to the point, if the OP *had* gone to B&Q he would most likely have been able to source his dove-tail jig without hindrance! My local B&Q has a whole pile of them on the shelf....

Reply to
Jerry

Neither could Shakespeare. ;-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The message from "HLAH" contains these words:

Does that go straight into the parping couplet?

Reply to
Guy King

The message from Stuart Noble contains these words:

If yew used yore spell chequer, nobody wood no you couldn't spell.

Hmmm, perhaps not. Language skills aren't as simple as that.

Reply to
Guy King

Probably because I was looking for the cheapest.

I've never ever stepped foot in a B&Q store,because of its overpriced goods.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

A day. £2.20p thats the beauty of a saveaway bus ticket you can travel all day from 9:30 to 4.00 till 6:00 and right up to 12 midnight after 6:00.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Forgot to say I managed to find one for twenty quid in a cash converters shop. This type...

The3rd Earl Of Derby